New York City FC Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case
New York, N.Y., October 24, 2020 - New York City FC today confirmed a player has tested positive for COVID-19. The player returned a positive test as a result of Friday's pre-match testing. The positive test was confirmed on Saturday morning following additional testing.
All MLS players undergo Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests every other day, including the day before each match. The confirmation of a COVID-19 case occurs when a player receives two consecutive positive test results.
All other First Team players returned negative tests both Friday during routine testing, and after additional testing conducted today. No NYCFC players or staff members are exhibiting symptoms.
In accordance with local and league guidelines, the player will remain in self-isolation and be monitored by Club medical staff under a strict and detailed protocol. At this time, the player is asymptomatic. The Club is working closely with local health officials to conduct contact tracing for those that came in close contact with the player.
Tonight's match against Montreal Impact is proceeding as scheduled.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 24, 2020
- New York City FC Slugs Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Draw 1-1 with Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- Red Bulls Stretch Unbeaten Streak to Four, Draw Chicago Fire, 2-2 - New York Red Bulls
- Stoppage Time Schoenfeld Goal Gives MNUFC Three Points in Cincinnati - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United FC Tops FC Cincinnati 1-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Second Half Woes Sink Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 3 - 1 Montreal Impact - New York City FC
- D.C. United Win 2-1 against Atlanta United on the Road - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Orlando City SC 2-1 in Front of Limited Number of Season Ticket Members - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Drops 2-1 Decision at Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case - New York City FC
- LAFC Faces Rival LA Galaxy Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Extends Home Unbeaten Streak with 1-1 Draw against New England Revolution - Nashville SC
- Revolution and Nashville SC Play to 1-1 Draw - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- Orlando City SC 1 Ã¢ÂÂ 1 New York City FC; Orlando City SC Advances 6-5 on Penalties
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week
- New York City FC and Heineken Launch Multiyear Partnership Renewal to Kickoff 2020 MLS Playoff Campaign
- New York City FC and the YES Network to Debut "NYCFC - Home for the CityÃ¢ÂÂÃÂ Playoff Preview on Tuesday, November 17ÃÂ on YES