Nichols' Big Night Leads Skyforce Past Energy
Sioux Falls, S.D. (Feb. 19, 2013) - The Sioux Falls Skyforce defeated the Iowa Energy 117-112 Tuesday night. Fresh off a strong performance in the NBA Development League All-Star Game, Demetris Nichols scored an NBA D-League season-high 42 points to go along with seven rebounds and eight assists.
Iowa (7-24) led 29-27 after the first quarter behind 10 points from Chris Wright. Iowa pushed the lead to 11 points (59-48) in the second quarter before settling for a 61-57 halftime lead.
The score remained close throughout the third quarter and Sioux Falls (20-12) took a slim one-point lead (88-87) into the final stanza. Nichols caught fire in the final quarter as he scored 15 points to help Sioux Falls win its seventh straight home game.
Mychel Thompson scored 17 points while Mark Tyndale added 15 points, six assists and four steals off the bench. Mike Davis and Damian Saunders each scored 10 points.
Wright recorded 25 points, five assists and five steals to lead the Energy. Justin Hurtt posted 23 points and five rebounds while Jarrid Famous (21 points, 11 rebounds) and Paul Harris (16 points, 11 rebounds) each contributed double-doubles.
Iowa returns home to face Austin Thursday at 7 p.m. CT. Sioux Falls hosts Tulsa Friday at 7 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 20, 2013
- Charge Fall at Home to BayHawks - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Acquire Bryant Austin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Toros Sign Bill Walker - Austin Spurs
- Austin Toros to Host Annual Guns vs Hoses Game - Austin Spurs
- Lady Bighorns to Host Dance Clinic - Reno Bighorns
- Nichols' Big Night Leads Skyforce Past Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.