Newark Pilots Score 10 in Rout of Elmira
The Newark Pilots' (17-10) bats came alive 10-1 victory over Elmira on Thursday. This is Newark's first win in five games over the Pioneers and now puts it in sole-possession of second place in the PGCBL's western division.
Max Ludka (Saginaw Valley State) went the distance for a complete game victory. Ludka allowed just one run in what was his first start off the season. Chase Cockrell (Hinds C.C.) led the Pilots on offense going 4-for-5, including a solo-home run in the third inning. Newark also got three extra-base hits from Chris Sharpe (UMass-Lowell) in the victory.
The Pilots have five of their last six and return to action tomorrow in Geneva for 7:05 p.m. at McDonough Park.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from June 30, 2016
- Former Dutchmen Win CWS Title - Albany Dutchmen
- Albany Dutchmen Defeat Mohawk Valley 4-2 - Albany Dutchmen
- Newark Defeats Elmira, 10-1 - Elmira Pioneers
- Newark Pilots Score 10 in Rout of Elmira - Newark Pilots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.