New York Red Bulls and United Soccer Coaches Renew Partnership
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls and United Soccer Coaches have renewed their partnership for the next three years, the organizations announced today. The deal keeps Red Bulls Youth Programs as the exclusive provider of United Soccer Coaches Diplomas, and continues a partnership to provide education to coaches at various levels throughout the New York Metro Area.
"We're very pleased to continue this important partnership with the New York Red Bulls," said Lynn Berling-Manuel, Chief Executive Officer of United Soccer Coaches. "Accessible, affordable and relevant Coaching Education is a critical part of the mission of United Soccer Coaches. The Red Bulls help bring our courses to the community. Better coaches make better players and that's the goal for all of us."
The focus of the partnership is to provide the local soccer community with coaching courses and diplomas including 4v4, 7v7, 11v11/pre-national, Special Topics, Goalkeeping, Director of Coaching and High School coaching, among others. Additionally, Red Bulls Youth Program Coach Educators will continue to educate coaches yearly through presentations at the United Soccer Coaches Convention, which gathers over 10,000 coaches from various backgrounds and levels of experience across the country.
"The collaboration of the Education Department of United Soccer Coaches and the excellent staff of New York Red Bulls is something I am very proud of," said Ian Barker, Director of Coaching Education for United Soccer Coaches. "To be partnered with an MLS organization that is sincere in the engagement of its broader community and offers superb resources for clubs, coaches and players is a privilege. Together our association and New York Red Bulls are able to deliver affordable, accessible and practical support to soccer organizations in NY and NJ and we look forward to continuing that effort."
"We have worked with United Soccer Coach for several years," said Dave Jervis, Sr. Director of Youth Programs and Academy Business Operations. "Through our joint course offerings, we have been able to educate thousands of youth soccer coaches at all levels of the game. We are excited to continue the relationship and support of coach education in the local soccer communities."
Red Bulls Youth Programs serve over 40,000 youth soccer players in the tri-state area, providing professional coaching and coach education for programs of all sizes and skill levels. Red Bulls Youth Programs also operate year-round player development camps and clinics and runs the elite Red Bulls Regional Development School and pre-academy teams, the start of the pathway to the Red Bulls Academy and First Team.
Founded in 1941 and headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., United Soccer Coaches is the trusted and unifying voice, advocate and partner for coaches at all levels of the game. The largest community for soccer coaches in the world, the association unites coaches of all levels around the love of the game and elevates the game through advocacy, education and service. To learn more, visit UnitedSoccerCoaches.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 4, 2019
- LAFC and Chevron Unveil New Futsal Court in the Bakersfield Community - Los Angeles FC
- Through 50 Games, Ibrahimovic Records One of Best Starts in MLS History: Week 27 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Stefan Frei Launches Platform Dedicated to Artistic Endeavors - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls and United Soccer Coaches Renew Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis
- Post-Game Notes: Red Bulls Lose on the Road to Montreal, Finish Sixth in the East
- Six New York Red Bulls in Action for October International Window
- Match Preview: New York Travels to Montreal for Decision Day, Presented by AT&T
- Injury Update: Amro Tarek Sidelined 4-6 Weeks