New York Islanders Sign Kip Brennan
Bridgeport, Conn. - The New York Islanders have signed left wing Kip Brennan to a one-year deal. The 26 year-old will add a much needed toughness factor to the Sound Tigers this upcoming season. Brennan spent most of last season in the Washington Capitals organization, playing 26 games for their American Hockey League affiliate, the Hershey Bears, scoring four goals and two assists with 67 penalty minutes.
"Kip is a power forward who will be counted on to go into the corners, chip in with a few points while keeping our opponents honest," Sound Tigers president Howard Saffan said."
Brennan who stands at 6'4, 220 pounds has played in 58 career National Hockey League games, registering a goal and an assist while racking up 210 penalty minutes. Over the course of his AHL career, Brennan has played for the Lowell Lock Monsters, Manchester Monarchs, Chicago Wolves, Portland Pirates, Toronto Marlies and Hershey Bears scoring a total of 22 goals and 15 assists with 949 penalty minutes.
"Playing against the Sound Tigers last season, I got to see the talented prospects that are playing in Bridgeport," Brennan said. "I look forward to my role with the team next season, putting a winning team on the ice and bringing a Calder Cup to the Islanders organization."
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 6, 2007
- Bronwell Blog: Off-season update - Houston Aeros
- Dallas Stars Sign Peterson And Byrne To Two-Way Deals - Iowa Chops
- Lightning Sign Jancevski; Re-Sign Egener - Norfolk Admirals
- Bulldogs Sign QMJHL Star Thomas Beauregard To An AHL Contract - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Final Jersey Auction Ends Next Friday - Manchester Monarchs
- Hammer Nails Down Three-Year Deal With B-Sens - Binghamton Senators
- Paddock Takes The Reigns In Ottawa - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Accepting Applications For Fan Advisory Board - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- New York Islanders Sign Kip Brennan - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Sound Tigers Sign Hutton to Amateur Tryout Agreement
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 24
- Smith backstops first shutout with Bridgeport in the club's 11th straight win on a Sunday afternoon