New Orleans Pelicans Sign Wayne Selden Jr. to 10-Day Contract
Des Moines, Iowa - The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that they have signed Iowa Energy guard Wayne Selden Jr. to a 10-day contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The signing is the 35th GATORADE call-up of the 2016-17 season.
In 35 games this season (21 starts) with the Energy, Selden Jr. has averaged a team-high 18.5 points along with 4.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 30.6 minutes of action per game.
Undrafted out of the University of Kansas, Selden Jr. (6-4, 232) signed with the Memphis Grizzlies on Aug. 8, 2016 before being allocated to the Energy on Oct. 29, 2016.
A starter in every game but one during his three-year career at Kansas, Selden Jr. had career numbers of 11.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. As a sophomore, he was named to the Big 12 Championship All-Tournament Team.
Selden Jr. will wear number No. 25 for the Pelicans.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2017
- Warriors Acquire Jabari Brown - Santa Cruz Warriors
- New Orleans Pelicans Sign Wayne Selden Jr. to 10-Day Contract - Iowa Wolves
- Seven Players Scoring in Double Figures Not Enough for Windy City - Windy City Bulls
- Charge Win Fifth Straight - Canton Charge
- NEW ORLEANS PELICANS SIGN JORDAN CRAWFORD TO 10-DAY CONTRACT - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Finish Strong to Block out Suns - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Timberwolves Sign Jared Terrell to Two-Way Contract
- Priority Home Dates for 2018-19 Season Announced to Commemorate Iowa Wolves' First Birthday
- Justin Patton Injury Update
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams
- Timberwolves Convert Amile Jefferson to Standard NBA Contract