Seven Players Scoring in Double Figures Not Enough for Windy City
Hoffman Estates, IL - The Windy City Bulls (18-22), presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, were defeated 113-99 by the Canton Charge in front of a charismatic audience made up of local students who were on hand for an Education Day matinee game.
Will Bynum led the Bulls with 18 points while also dishing out eight assists. Six other Bulls scored in double figures including Wesley Saunders, who came off the bench to score 15 points while grabbing eight rebounds.
Cleveland Cavaliers assignee Kay Felder led all scorers with 35 points to propel the Charge to their fifth straight win. Jonathan Holmes was the second-highest scorer of the game, converting on 9-of-15 from the field, including 4-of-7 from behind the arc, to finish with 23 points and 13 rebounds.
After trailing 31-23 at the end of the first quarter, the Bulls outscored the Charge 30-19 in the second quarter to take a 53-50 lead at halftime.
A layup by Felder with 4:49 remaining in the third quarter gave the Charge the lead for good as they managed to extend their cushion to a 14-point advantage midway through the fourth quarter.
The Bulls shot 41% from the field, 31% from behind the arc and 76% from the free throw line.
Windy City is set for two straight games against the Greensboro Swarm, beginning this Saturday at 6 PM CST on the road before returning home to the Sears Centre Arena next Wednesday at 7 PM CST. For more information visit WindyCityBulls.Com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2017
- Warriors Acquire Jabari Brown - Santa Cruz Warriors
- New Orleans Pelicans Sign Wayne Selden Jr. to 10-Day Contract - Iowa Wolves
- Seven Players Scoring in Double Figures Not Enough for Windy City - Windy City Bulls
- Charge Win Fifth Straight - Canton Charge
- NEW ORLEANS PELICANS SIGN JORDAN CRAWFORD TO 10-DAY CONTRACT - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Finish Strong to Block out Suns - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City's Antonio Blakeney Named 2017-18 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Hamilton Posts First Career Triple-Double, Windy City Downs Greensboro 108-90
- Shorthanded Windy City Falls 119-107 to Fort Wayne in Final Road Game
- Windy City Struggles Down the Strecth, Falls 104-93 to Grand Rapids
- Windy City Falls 121-120 to Memphis in a Double Overtime Thriller