New England Revolution II Acquire Midfielder Jake Rozhansky Ahead of USL League One Season Opener
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Revolution II has acquired midfielder Jake Rozhansky (pronounced: rose-AN-skee) from Israeli side Maccabi Herzliya ahead of the 2021 USL League One season.
Rozhansky, 24, arrives in New England after playing professionally in Israel for the past three seasons, most recently with Maccabi Herzliya. Rozhansky also had stints with three other Israel-based clubs - Hapoel Afula, Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem, and Maccabi Netanya. Across three seasons in Israel, he has logged over 3,500 minutes with two goals and three assists playing primarily as a defensive midfielder.
The Germantown, Md. native split his four years of collegiate soccer between the University of Virginia and the University of Maryland. In his freshman and sophomore seasons at Virginia, Rozhansky made 37 appearances and helped the 'Hoos hoist the 2014 NCAA College Cup. Following his freshman season, he scored three goals in six appearances for D.C. United's Under-23 side. After transferring to Maryland, the midfielder started 40 games for the Terrapins, recording seven goals and 17 assists.
The 2021 USL League One regular season will begin on April 10 when Revolution II faces Fort Lauderdale CF to kick off the league schedule. Revolution II's second season will feature a 28-game slate running through October and culminate in a six-team playoff to take place in November.
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution II sign midfielder Jake Rozhansky to a USL League One contract on March 26, 2021.
#32 JAKE ROZHANSKY
Hometown: Germantown, Md.
Date of Birth: 07/04/1996 (Germantown, Md.)
Nationality: United States & Israel
How Acquired: Signed by Revolution II to USL League One contract on April 1, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from April 1, 2021
- Chattanooga Red Wolves Announce First Two Preseason Matches - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
- New England Revolution II Acquire Midfielder Jake Rozhansky Ahead of USL League One Season Opener - New England Revolution II
- Forward Madison to Reveal 2021 Away Jersey April 10 at Breese Stevens Field - Forward Madison FC
- Lindsay Agnew Called up to Canadian Women's National Team - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution II Stories
- New England Revolution II Sign Academy Midfielder Noel Buck to USL League One Contract
- Revolution II Earns 2-0 Victory over Forward Madison FC
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England on the Road against Forward Madison FC
- Defender Connor Presley and Academy forward Michael Tsicoulias each tally first goals in loss
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England Continues Road Trip on Saturday at Union Omaha