Lindsay Agnew Called up to Canadian Women's National Team
Cary, NC - North Carolina Courage defender Lindsay Agnew has been called up for international duty with the Canadian Women's National Team for a pair of April friendlies in the UK.
Canada will travel to the UK to face Wales on April 9th and England on April 13th as preparations continue for the Tokyo Olympic Games.
Agnew, who has recorded 15 caps with the national team since 2017, was added to the Courage in June of 2020 and spent the majority of last season on loan at Swedish team KIF Orebro. She was most recently a part of Canada's roster for the SheBelives Cup in February, where she came on as a sub in a 2-0 loss to Brazil.
Agnew and the NC Courage open their 2021 Challenge Cup campaign at Sahlen's Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park against the Washington Spirit on Saturday, April 10 at 3:30 PM. Season tickets are available here or by calling the box office at 919-459-8144.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from April 1, 2021
- Chattanooga Red Wolves Announce First Two Preseason Matches - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
- New England Revolution II Acquire Midfielder Jake Rozhansky Ahead of USL League One Season Opener - New England Revolution II
- Forward Madison to Reveal 2021 Away Jersey April 10 at Breese Stevens Field - Forward Madison FC
- Lindsay Agnew Called up to Canadian Women's National Team - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- North Carolina FC Falls to Greenville Triumph SC, 1-2, After a Valiant Effort in Home Opener
- North Carolina FC Home Opener Tonight
- North Carolina FC Announces WakeMed and Wake Orthopaedics as Front-Of-Jersey Sponsors
- WakeMed Extends Soccer Park Naming Rights Through 2023
- North Carolina FC Announces Mako Medical as Back-Of-Jersey Partner