Nets Give Swarm First Win of Regular Season
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (1-1), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, were defeated by the Greensboro Swarm (1-0) 119-114 on Friday night at Nassau Coliseum.
Nets forward Craig Randall II had a second consecutive game of 40 or more points as he earned 44 points, six rebounds and two assists while shooting 17-of-31 from the field in 44 minutes. Forward RaiQuan Gray tallied his first double-double of the regular season, recording 18 points and 11 rebounds to go along with nine assists in 37 minutes. Additionally, forward Justin Jackson earned 18 points, nine rebounds and one assist in 30 minutes.
Long Island and Greensboro got off to a quick start, tying the match twice in the first eight minutes of play. The Nets closed the first quarter up by four, 31-27. The Swarm responded to the Nets with two dunks in the opening minutes of the second quarter. Long Island fought hard to shrink the gap but was unable. Greensboro went into the half up by one, 61-60.
The Nets came out looking to battle their way back into the second half of play as they continued to shoot point-for-point with the Swarm. Long Island was able to get within a one-point deficit three times in the last minute in the third quarter. The Swarm slipped past the Nets in the final seconds to go into the final quarter up by one, 86-85. The Nets went on a 6-0 run to take the lead in the first 2:36 of the fourth quarter. Despite Long Island's strong fourth quarter performance, the Swarm went on to defeat the Nets, 119-114.
Swarm guard Jalen Crutcher recorded 27 points, three rebounds and eight assists in 32 minutes. Greensboro forward Xavier Sneed earned 23 points, eight rebounds, four assists in 35 minutes.
The Nets will play their next game at home against the Swarm on Sunday, Jan. 9, at 1 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 7, 2022
- Blue Falls in Double-Overtime at Santa Cruz - Oklahoma City Blue
- Magic Fall to Skyhawks in Regular-Season Opener - Lakeland Magic
- Nets Give Swarm First Win of Regular Season - Greensboro Swarm
- Nets Give Swarm First Win of Regular Season - Long Island Nets
- Gold Dominate in Friday Night Game against Knicks 110-96 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Charge Fall in Regular Season Opener - Cleveland Charge
- Update on Vivint Arena Health and Safety Protocols - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends Acquire Javion Hamlet - Texas Legends
- Preview: Skyforce at Salt Lake City - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Assign Moses Moody to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stockton Kings Blow Past Birmingham Squadron in Final Game of Series - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors Upend Oklahoma City Blue, 116-106 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.