Nashville's Frank Kremblas Named Manager Of The Year
August 31, 2007 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.- Nashville Sounds Field Manager Frank Kremblas was today named the 2007 Pacific Coast League Manager of the Year, an accolade annually chosen by his peers as well as media representatives from throughout the League.
Currently completing his third season as the Nashville skipper, Kremblas has led the Sounds to three consecutive divisional titles in the PCL's American Northern Division and has done so this season with a career-best record that currently stands at 86-and-54 with four games to play. On April 4th of this season, he recorded his 500th career victory as a manager an now holds a .524 career winning percentage with a record of 585-531.
In his first season at the helm in Nashville, Kremblas led the Sounds to the 2005 PCL Championship with a record of 75-and-69, the franchise's first league title in 23 years. A 2004 poll conducted by Baseball America, recognized Kremblas as the "best managerial prospect" in the Southern League, an honor that came one year after he was named the League's Manager of the Year.
For more information on Kremblas and the rest of the 2007 PCL award-winners please visit the League's official website, www.pclbaseball.com. There, you can also find information on the 2007 Pacific Coast League Playoffs, scheduled to begin Wednesday, September 5th.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2007
- Sidewinders Eliminated From Pennant Race With Loss To Sacramento - Tucson Sidewinders
- Cat's 6-5 victory Over Tucson Sidewinders Gives Team Sixth Division Crown in Eight Seasons - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Drop Road Trip Opener To Redbirds - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds edge Sounds - Memphis Redbirds
- Mets Call Up Pelfrey, Humber, Collazo - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Astros Call On Express - Round Rock Express
- Oklahoma RedHawks game notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds ready for final weekend - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville's Frank Kremblas Named Manager Of The Year - PCL
- Frank Kremblas Named PCL Manager of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- 51s Record Third Largest Home Attendance in 25-year History (371,676) - Las Vegas 51s
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.