Nabill Crismatt Marks Fifth 2020 Fireflies MLB Debut
Columbia, S.C. - Former Fireflies right-handed pitcher Nabil Crismatt made his Major League debut for the Cardinals in the seventh inning of game two of a doubleheader against the Cubs Monday night. He worked around a lead-off double to get out of the frame without allowing a run. Crismatt is the 11th former Fireflies player to get called up to the show.
The Colombia-native pitched in four games for the Fireflies in 2016, starting three of them. After spinning a 1.88 ERA and allowing an opposing batting average of only .192 to pair with a 0.77 WHIP, the righty received the call-up to AA Binghamton after just one month in the South Atlantic League. He won the South Atlantic League Pitcher of the Week award August 14, 2016. His first of four MiLB Pitcher of the Week awards.
The Mets signed Crismatt in 2012 as an international free agent out of Colombia. After six seasons in the Mets system, he elected free agency in 2018 to sign with the Seattle Mariners and again with the Cardinals in 2019. The 25-year-old earned two Mid-Season All-Star Awards in his eight minor league seasons. He was voted a 2018 Eastern League All-Star and a 2019 Southern League All-Star
Crismatt is the fifth former-Firefly to debut in the majors this season, joining Andres Gimenez, Blake Taylor, David Peterson and Ali Sanchez.
Images from this story
Nabill Crismatt with the Columbia Fireflies
(Columbia Fireflies Staff)
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 18, 2020
- Nabill Crismatt Marks Fifth 2020 Fireflies MLB Debut - Columbia Fireflies
- A Night of Comedy Coming to the Frans - Hickory Crawdads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbia Fireflies Stories
- YouTube Sensation Darren Knight Brings "Southern Momma" to Segra Park
- Disney Classic "Hocus Pocus" to Play at Segra Park October 29
- Eagles Tribute Band "On the Border" Performs at Segra Park
- ColaJazz Performance & "An American in Paris" Showing Coming to Segra Park
- Live Baseball & Movie Screening in Honor of 100th Anniversary Celebration of Negro Leagues October 10