Mystics at Wings Postgame Links - May 17
With the win, the mystics are off to their best start (4-1) through five games since the 2018 season when the team also compiled a 4-1 record. The Mystics recorded their first win on the road against Dallas since 8/31/19, snapping a two-game road skid. The Mystics' +16 margin of victory signifies the largest victory on the road against the Wings in series history (previously +12, 6/6/17) and is the second-largest margin of victory over Dallas in series history (+24, 6/7/19 vs. DAL). Washington recorded a field goal percentage of .515 (34-66) and a three-point field goal percentage of .500 (8-16). The Mystics have now shot the ball above .500 in FG% and 3PT% back-to-back games.
Mystics rookie center Shakira Austin amassed a team-best and career-high 20 points on 9-of-11 (.818) shooting, adding a team-high eight rebounds, two blocks and two assists to her stat line. Austin becomes the first Mystics rookie to score 20+ in a single game since Stella Austin (25) on 8/19/20 vs. ATL and is only the fifth rookie since the 2005 season to compile a 20+ point game for Washington. Washington guard Natasha Cloud dished out a game-high seven assists and has now recorded at least 5+ assists in seven consecutive games dating back to last season. Mystics forward Kennedy Burke made her season debut, tallying 10 points on 5-of-8 shooting (.625) while bringing in three rebounds.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 17, 2022
- Aces Erase 12-Point Deficit in Comeback Win over Mercury - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Fall to Mystics, 84 - 68 - Dallas Wings
- Dream Beat Fever on Tuesday Night at Gainbridge Fieldhouse - Indiana Fever
- Connecticut Sun Postgame Advisory - Connecticut Sun
- Mystics at Wings Postgame Links - May 17 - Washington Mystics
- Fever and Dream Meet Again on Tuesday Night at Gainbridge Fieldhouse - Indiana Fever
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.