Dream Beat Fever on Tuesday Night at Gainbridge Fieldhouse
INDIANAPOLIS - The Atlanta Dream won the second straight game against the Indiana Fever on Tuesday night at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Atlanta led wire-to-wire in the second of four meetings this year to win, 101-79.
Victoria Vivians finished with a season-high 16 points and matched a season-best six rebounds. Queen Egbo set a new career-high with 12 points and Danielle Robinson finished with 12 as the remaining Fever players to score in double figures.
Emily Engstler earned the first start in her WNBA career and set a new career-best with 10 rebounds to go along with seven points.
Lexie Hull came off the bench to have her highest scoring mark this season, while Destanni Henderson went 3-of-4 from 3-point range to match her best shooting night from beyond the arc this season.
Tuesday night also snapped Kelsey Mitchell's streak of 28 straight games scoring at least 10 points dating back to 2021.
Atlanta finished with four players in double figures as the Dream shot 54 percent from the floor, went 10-of-22 from 3-point range and knocked down 23 of 26 free throws. Rhyne Howard led Atlanta again with 19 points, while Cheyenne Parker added 15 of her 17 points in the first half alone.
The Fever return to the floor at Connecticut on Friday at 7 p.m. ET. Friday's game will be streamed on the official Indiana Fever Facebook page in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.
Indiana will return to Gainbridge Fieldhouse to welcome back the 2012 WNBA title team on Sunday afternoon against the Sun. Players and staff from the team who helped capture the first title in franchise history will be recognized on the court throughout Sunday's game at 2 p.m. ET. Tickets are still available to purchase by visiting FeverBasketball.com.
Fans are encouraged to wear red to the game to commemorate the 'Red Out' during Game 4 of the WNBA Finals when Indiana eliminated the Minnesota Lynx.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 17, 2022
- Aces Erase 12-Point Deficit in Comeback Win over Mercury - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Fall to Mystics, 84 - 68 - Dallas Wings
- Dream Beat Fever on Tuesday Night at Gainbridge Fieldhouse - Indiana Fever
- Connecticut Sun Postgame Advisory - Connecticut Sun
- Mystics at Wings Postgame Links - May 17 - Washington Mystics
- Fever and Dream Meet Again on Tuesday Night at Gainbridge Fieldhouse - Indiana Fever
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Fever Face Mercury for Final Game of Regular Season Series
- Fever Drop First of Consecutive Games against the Mercury
- Fever Play First of Back-To-Back Games against Mercury on Monday Night
- Kelsey Mitchell Scores 22 in Fever Loss to Dallas
- Game Preview: Indiana Begins Four-Game Road Trip in Dallas