Musketeers Announce 2020-2021 Regular Season Schedule
SIOUX CITY - For the first time in the team's 49-year history, the Sioux City Musketeers will play only Western Conference opponents.
The United States Hockey League has released its 2020-21 schedule. The Musketeers' first game is set for Sat., Nov. 7, a 7:05 p.m. faceoff at the Tyson Events Center against Tri-City.
This season, most Western Conference opponents will play teams from the same conference, while most Eastern Conference opponents will face teams from the same conference. Due to Cedar Rapids and Madison's announcement to not play for the 20-21, Waterloo and Des Moines will play between both conferences. Each team will play 27 home games and the same number on the road making the season 54 games total.
The USHL Board of Directors unanimously voted to play conference games only to cut expenses and eliminate time on the bus for the safety of its players.
Three of the Musketeers' first six games of the season will be on home ice. Floyd Valley Healthcare (FVHC) will sponsor the season opener against Tri-City. That night, the first 1,400 fans will receive facemasks sponsored by FVHC.
Fargo and Sioux Falls are the teams the Musketeers will face the most, with 10 games each -- five at home and five on the road. There will also be four home and four away games against Tri-City and Omaha, while there will be three home and three away games against Des Moines, Lincoln and Waterloo.
All Musketeer home games will begin at 7:05 p.m., except for the 3:05 p.m. Sunday starts. The Musketeers have also announced their a few of their promotional nights for the season. UnityPoint Health-St. Luke's will sponsor Cross Check Cancer Night on Sat., Jan. 16th against Sioux Falls. Players will wear lavender jerseys which will be auctioned off after the game. Ice will be lavender. Money raised will go to UnityPoint Health-St. Luke's.
Dunes Surgical Hospital will sponsor Military Night on Sat., Jan. 2nd versus Omaha. Players will wear military-focused jerseys which will be auctioned off after the game. Money raised will go to Midwest Honor Flight.
Scheels is sponsoring First Responders Night on Sat., Feb. 6th against Des Moines. The Musketeers will recognize all local area firefighters and law enforcement members. A pre-game ceremony will take place with emergency vehicles on the ice during the National Anthem. The remainder of the 2020-21 promotional schedule will be released soon.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from September 29, 2020
- Stars Announce 2020-21 Season Schedule - Lincoln Stars
- Musketeers Announce 2020-2021 Regular Season Schedule - Sioux City Musketeers
- 2020-2021 Home Schedule Released - Fargo Force
- USHL 2020-2021 Schedule Released - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Storm Announce Schedule for 2020-2021 Season - Tri-City Storm
- Youngstown Phantoms Release 2020-2021 Regular Season Schedule - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Announce 2020-21 Season Schedule - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Black Hawks Back November 6th - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Steel Announce 2020-2021 Regular Season Schedule - Chicago Steel
- USHL Unveils 2020-21 Schedule - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- 2020-21 Lancers Season Schedule Released - Omaha Lancers
- USHL Announces 2020-21 Schedule - USHL
- Jon Cooper, Stanley Cup Champion - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.