Musketeers Add Carrabes and Heidemann in Trade Dealine Deal
SIOUX CITY, Ia.- The Sioux City Musketeers have acquired Brian Carrabes, Austin Heidemann, a 2020 Phase II first round pick and future considerations in exchange for Ian Malcolmson, Sam Stange, and a 2020 Phase II fourth round pick in a trade announced by Musketeer General Manager Andy Johnson. This is the second trade with the teams I-29 rival this year, following an earlier trade that saw the Musketeers send Blake Biondi to the Stampede for defenseman Evan Bushy.
A 2021-22 Boston University commit, Carrabes has registered 8 goals and 19 assists in 42 games this season, good for third in team scoring at the time of the trade. "Brian will be an impact player in Sioux City this season as well as next season", said Johnson, adding that "his competitive motor is very hard to play against, and possesses the game that will help us in the future".
Heidemann has played almost 100 games in the USHL in a career that has seen the Mercyhurst commit don the jerseys of the Green Bay Gamblers and Sioux Falls Stampede prior to joining the Musketeers to finish his USHL career. In 32 games this season, Heidemann has 8 goals to go along with 3 assists. Johnson feels that Heidemann can help the team down the stretch, adding "Austin is a heavy competitive forward that will help us finish the season before he heads to college".
Johnson had this to say about Stange and Malcolmson: "On behalf of the entire organization I'd like to thank Sam and Ian for their contributions to the Musketeers on the ice and in the community. They are both outstanding role models and hockey players. We wish them the best of luck in Sioux Falls before they head to college in the fall."
The Musketeers will travel across the state to take on the Dubuque Fighting Saints on Friday, February 28th at 7:05 P.M. and the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders on Saturday, February 29th at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2020
- Weekly Preview - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Randl Named USHL Forward of the Week - Omaha Lancers
- Jack Randl (Omaha), Mitchell Miller (Tri-City) and Jaxson Stauber (Sioux Falls) Earn Weekly Honors - USHL
- Mitchell Miller Named USHL Defenseman of the Week - Tri-City Storm
- Jaxson Stauber Named USHL Goaltender of Week - Sioux Falls Stampede
- 1-On-1 with Cody Chupp Following USHL Trade Deadline - Lincoln Stars
- Musketeers Add Carrabes and Heidemann in Trade Dealine Deal - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stampede Add Scoring Punch in Big Trade with Sioux City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Hawks Add Scorer Strada - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Bucs Acquire Harvard Commit Forward Drkulec from Waterloo - Des Moines Buccaneers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux City Musketeers Stories
- Sioux City Musketeers Announce Selections for the USHL Phase II Draft
- Sioux City Musketeers Announce Selections for the USHL Phase I Draft
- Musketeers Defenseman Makes USHL All-Rookie Team
- USHL Member Clubs Announce Individual Billet Family of the Year Awards
- Final NHL Central Scouting List Includes 6 Musketeers