Mooseheads Part Ways with Head Coach Jim Midgley
The Halifax Mooseheads have made a change behind the bench. Jim Midgley was let go as the Head Coach today after one season on the job.
"This was a very hard decision that we had to make but we feel it is the right move for the team moving forward. I want to thank Jim for all of his hard work and commitment to the organization," said General Manager Cam Russell.
Midgley coached the team to a 43-18-6-1 regular season record and a fourth-place finish in the overall QMJHL standings. The Mooseheads were swept by the Charlottetown Islanders in the second round of the playoffs following an opening round victory over Baie-Comeau in five games.
"I would like to thank Jim Midgley for the dedication he brought to his position as Head Coach of the Halifax Mooseheads. There were many positive aspects of the 2017-18 season and Jim deserves credit for guiding the team to a 93-point season, a first round playoff victory and overseeing the development of our players. I would like to wish Jim all the best in the future," Mooseheads majority owner Bobby Smith said.
Midgley spent six seasons as an Assistant Coach with the Mooseheads before being promoted last June.
Assistant Coaches Jon Greenwood and Sylvain Favreau will remain with the team along with Goaltending Coach Eric Raymond.
The search for a new Head Coach begins immediately.
The Halifax Mooseheads will host the 101st Memorial Cup May 17-26, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from April 25, 2018
- Mooseheads Part Ways with Head Coach Jim Midgley - Halifax Mooseheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Mooseheads Stories
- 2019 Memorial Cup Packages on Sale to General Public Tomorrow
- Mooseheads Players Named to Hockey Canada's World Junior Selection Camp
- Tonight's Mooseheads Game Postponed, Rescheduled for February 12th
- Mooseheads 15th Annual DND Appreciation Night Friday
- Mooseheads to Unveil 25th Anniversary Jersey Saturday Night