Montreal Impact Fall to New York Red Bulls
HARRISON, New Jersey - The Montreal Impact lost 4-1 against the New York Red Bulls on Sunday, at Red Bull Arena. Bojan scored his first of the season for Montreal. Tom Barlow (2), Daniel Royer and Kaku found the back of the net for the home team. The Montreal Impact will play its next game next Saturday at 7:30pm EDT (TVA Sports, 98,5, TSN 690) against the Chicago Fire, at Red Bull Arena, in Harrison, New Jersey.
The video conference with Thierry Henry, Maxi Urruti and Samuel Piette is available here: https://mls.imagencloud.com/
MTL - Bojan (Victor Wanyama) 4'
NYRB - Tom Barlow (Mandela Egbo) 14'
NYRB - Tom Barlow (Daniel Royer) 35'
NYRB - Daniel Royer (Kaku) 56'
NYRB - Kaku (Daniel Royer, Kyle Duncan) 57'
MTL - Luis Binks 37'
MTL - Luis Binks 90'
MTL - Gk-Clément Diop; D- Jorge Corrales, Jukka Raitala, Luis Binks, Rod Fanni,, Zachary Brault-Guillard; M-Emanuel Maciel (Amar Sejdic 58'), Victor Wanyama, Samuel Piette; F-Bojan, Maxi Urruti, Lassi Lappalainen
Subs not used: James Pantemis, Jonathan Sirois, Rudy Camacho, Joel Waterman, Karifa Yao, Shamit Shome, Clément BayihA
NYRB - Gk-David Jensen; D-Kyle Duncan, Tim Parker, Sean Nealis, Mandela Egbo (Dru Yearwood 59'), M-Cristian CÃ¡sseres Jr., Florian Valot (Jason Pendant 59'), Daniel Royer, Kaku (Mathias Jorgensen 81'), Jared Stroud (Omir Fernandez 66'); F-Tom Barlow (Samuel Tetteh 66')
Subs not used: Kendall McIntosh, Aaron Long, Benjamin Mines, Brian White
"We knew it was going to be tough. We didn't defend our goal well tonight and they took advantage of that. We have injuries, we are far from our families and we don't play at home. Playing without Romell and Saphir in the last two games was hard. We try to play with the means that we have. A lot of things make it difficult. We decided to go back to Montreal after the game, but that means we will be quarantined."
"It's a difficult moment now. The situation is really bad. The team stays inside the hotel too many days. We played well in the first half. But in the second half, after they scored, it was over. We need to stay focus together and the next game is very important for us."
"I think that, in general, we played a good game today, mostly in the first half. We wanted to play with the ball and we did it. But you can't give up goals like that. We must correct these defensive mistakes. Every time they were attacking, it was dangerous. Coming back home and taking some time off can't come at a better time after four losses in a row. Nobody is happy to go away from home for so long. What's difficult is to know that there is still a lot more time away from home."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 27, 2020
- Chicago Fire FC Defeat Atlanta United FC 2-0 at Soldier Field, Move into Playoff Position - Chicago Fire
- MNUFC Draw RSL at Home - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas and Orlando City SC Draw 0-0 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Lions Extend Unbeaten Run to Eight Matches, Earn Scoreless Draw at FC Dallas - Orlando City SC
- Union take second place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- Real Salt Lake Shuts out Minnesota in Scoreless Draw - Real Salt Lake
- Toronto FC (3) - Columbus Crew SC (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Red Bulls Snap Three-Match Home Losing Streak, Defeat Montreal, 4-1 - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Lose 2-0 to New England Revolution at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Atlanta United Falls 2-0 against Chicago Fire FC - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls to Philadelphia Union on the Road - Inter Miami CF
- Revolution Defeat D.C. United, 2-0 - New England Revolution
- Montreal Impact Fall to New York Red Bulls - Montreal Impact
- Timbers to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.