Monsters Sign Forwards Justin Scott, Tristan Mullin to AHL Contracts
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Wednesday that the Monsters signed forwards Justin Scott and Tristan Mullin to AHL contracts for the 2021-22 season. Scott posted 2-5-7 with 35 penalty minutes and a +9 rating in 18 appearances for the Monsters last season while serving as one of the club's assistant captains while Mullin supplied 4-1-5 with four penalty minutes and a -11 rating in 11 appearances for the University of Vermont last season and added 3-1-4 with 12 penalty minutes and a +2 rating in 15 appearances for Cleveland in the first action of his professional career.
A 6'1", 194 lb. left-shooting native of Burlington, ON, Scott, 25, tallied 40-47-87 with 274 penalty minutes and a +2 rating in 260 appearances for Cleveland spanning five seasons from 2016-21. Scott's 260 games played in a Monsters uniform, encompassing the entirety of his professional career, rank second-most in Cleveland's franchise history, just five appearances shy of setting a new all-time club record. During his junior career, Scott contributed 69-78-147 with 152 penalty minutes and a +65 rating in 251 appearances for the OHL's Barrie Colts spanning four seasons from 2012-16.
A 6'2", 196 lb. left-shooting native of Cartwright, MB, Mullin, 24, notched 25-29-54 with 62 penalty minutes and a +11 rating in 100 NCAA appearances for Cornell University and the University of Vermont spanning four collegiate seasons from 2017-21.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 23, 2021
- Cool Night out at Hub Ice Cream July 1 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Sign Three Players to One-Year Contracts - Ontario Reign
- Jersey and Equipment Sale Saturday, July 24 - Bakersfield Condors
- Silver Knights Staying Ready with Vegas Taxi Squad - Henderson Silver Knights
- Senators Extend Troy Mann as Head Coach of AHL's Belleville Senators - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Sign Forwards Justin Scott, Tristan Mullin to AHL Contracts - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Add Forwards Zach Jordan, Jake Slaker on AHL Contracts
- Blue Jackets Name Mark Letestu as Assistant Coach for AHL's Cleveland Monsters, Promote Derek Dorsett to Development Coach
- Cleveland Monsters Announce Partnership with Positive Coaching Alliance
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Coaching Staff Changes
- Monsters Announce Pair of Game Time Changes