Monsters Announce Pair of Roster Moves
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Thursday that the team assigned forward Maxime Fortier to the ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen and signed defenseman Kayle Doetzel to a 25-game professional tryout (PTO) contract.
A 5'10", 183 lb. right-handed native of Montreal, QC, Fortier, 20, appeared in one game for the Monsters this season, posting an even rating. In 263 appearances for the QMJHL's Halifax Mooseheads spanning parts of five seasons from 2014-18, Fortier supplied 104-166-270 with 118 penalty minutes and a -5 rating and wore the captain's "C" for Halifax during the 2017-18 campaign.
Doetzel, a 6'2", 194 lb., right-handed native of Saskatoon, SK, posted 12 penalty minutes in one appearance for the AHL's Stockton Heat this season and supplied 1-0-1 with 17 penalty minutes and a -4 rating in ten appearances for the ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen this year. In 67 career AHL appearances for Stockton spanning three seasons from 2016-18, Doetzel, 25, notched 0-4-4 with 73 penalty minutes and a +3 rating and tallied 4-9-13 with 56 penalty minutes and a -8 rating in 58 career ECHL appearances for Jacksonville and the Kansas City Mavericks spanning the past two seasons. Prior to his professional career, Doetzel contributed 5-49-54 with 278 penalty minutes and a +15 rating in 292 WHL appearances for the Red Deer Rebels spanning five campaigns from 2011-16.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the Hershey Bears with full coverage, live from Giant Center in Hershey, PA, underway at 7:00 pm on SportsTime Ohio, Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
2018-19 Monsters Hockey Club Memberships, providing fans the ability to lock in the lowest ticket prices, the best seat locations to each game, custom member benefits and an exclusive Monsters jersey, are now available! Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000 or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2018
- San Diego Gulls to Honor Willie O'Ree Friday, November 16 - San Diego Gulls
- Join the Eagles for the 6th Annual Teddy Bear Toss Game - Colorado Eagles
- Sammy Blais Recalled to St. Louis - San Antonio Rampage
- Coyotes Recall Mermis from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Cole Ully from Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Set Hockey Fights Cancer Night Promotions - Milwaukee Admirals
- T-Birds' Homestand Continues against Rochester, Lehigh Valley - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Two Tickets for $20, Cheap Food and Kids in Free Highlight Roadrunners Midweek Series against Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Goaltender Jean-Francois Berube, Forward Zac Dalpe from Cleveland Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Patrick Russell Recalled by Oilers - Bakersfield Condors
- Forward Dawson Leedahl Reassigned to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Islanders Recall Dal Colle, Gionta - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals to Host Food Drive November 21 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Goaltender Eddie Pasquale from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Take down Texas, 5-4 - Manitoba Moose
- Big Second Period Elevates Heat to 4-2 Win over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Shuts out Milwaukee 3-0 at Wells Fargo Arena - Iowa Wild
- T.J. Brennan Scores Phantoms Franchise 100th Overtime Winner - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Dalpe Dazzles in Return, Nets Two for Monsters in 3-2 OT Win over Ads
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Julius Bergman to Monsters
- Monsters Recall Defenseman Justin Wade from ECHL's Florida Everblades
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters