MNUFC Loans Noah Billinglsey to Las Vegas
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today that the club will loan defender Noah Billingsley to Las Vegas Lights FC of the USL Championship for the remainder 2020 season with the right to recall Billingsley at any time throughout the duration of the loan.
Billingsley was drafted 18th by Minnesota United in the first round of the 2020 MLS SuperDraft. The 22-year-old New Zealand international, originally a forward, made the move to defense in his junior year at University of California, Santa Barbara and started the last 36 games for the Gauchos, with one goal - a game-winner - and six assists in 2019. Billingsley was named to the 2018 All-Big West First Team, the 2018 All-Far West Region Team and the 2016 Big West All-Freshman Team. Internationally, Billingsley currently plays with the New Zealand National Team alongside current Loon and centerback Michael Boxall. He made his national team debut with the U20s in 2015, earning six caps and scoring the U20s' first World Cup goal in New Zealand history in a 5-1 win over Myanmar that same year. He was the youngest player on that World Cup team. He made his senior national team debut in 2018 coming on as a sub in the 62nd minute versus Kenya in the 2018 Hero Intercontinental Cup on June 2, 2018.
Transaction: Minnesota United loans defender Noah Billingsley to Las Vegas Lights FC of the USL Championship for the remainder 2020 season with the right to recall Billingsley at any time throughout the duration of the loan.
Position: Right back
Date of birth: August 6, 1997
Weight: 185 lb.
Birthplace: Wellington, New Zealand
Citizenship: New Zealand
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 11, 2020
- Orlando City Falls in MLS Is Back Tournament Final - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Forward Diego Rossi Captures MLS Is Back Tournament Golden Boot Presented by Audi - Los Angeles FC
- Diego Rossi Captures MLS Is Back Tournament Golden Boot Presented by Audi - MLS
- What to Watch for in Nashville SC's 2020 Return Wednesday Night against FC Dallas - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Foundation, MARTA, the City of Atlanta and Soccer in the Streets to Open StationSoccer Pitches at Lindbergh Station - Atlanta United FC
- Breaking Down Inter Miami's Matchups in Season Resumption - Inter Miami CF
- #FCDvNSH: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Chicago Fire
- MNUFC Loans Noah Billinglsey to Las Vegas - Minnesota United FC
- Red Bulls Add Samuel Tetteh on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- MNUFC Acquire Goalkeeper Adrian Zendejas from Nashville Sc
- MNUFC Falls 1-0 at Sporting KC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview
- Minnesota United Announces Regular Season Schedule Through September
- Molino Brace Propels Loons to 3-2 Victory over FC Dallas