Mississippi State's Campbell allocated to WBA's Tunica Gamblers
The World Basketball Association (WBA) and Commissioner Mike Glenn announce Marcus Campbell, 7-0, 270lb, Center from Mississippi State, has been allocated to the Tunica Gamblers. Campbell averaged 6 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block shot in 14.8 minutes per game in his Senior campaign, while helping to lead Miss State to a berth in the NCAA Tournament and a 23-11 final record. He also averaged a team-leading 17.5 points, 12.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game for the SCORE International College All-Stars last summer during a goodwill tour of the Dominican Republic. On the Tour he had high game of 28 points and 15 rebounds versus the Dominican National Team. In High School, Campbell attended Mount Zion Christian Academy in Durham, N.C, and played his junior and senior seasons at Westover High School in Albany, Ga. He was a first-team all-state performer at Westover High.
The 12 team WBA, in its second year of existence, is a developmental professional league designed to teach, develop, and expose basketball players to NBA, NBDL, CBA, and International Scouts while providing each community an exciting brand of basketball and entertainment. The purpose of the WBA, under new Commissioner Mike Glenn, is to serve as a training ground to develop professional players, coaches, and personnel on and off the court. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, career development, community involvement, and education. The WBA is the next best thing to the NBA! The WBA will hold its Free Agent Draft Camp on April 15-16 at Life University in Marietta, Georgia.
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from March 24, 2005
- Kentucky Weslyan's Ferguson is allocated to the WBA's Kentucky Reach - Kentucky Reach
- Kennesaw State's Luque allocated to WBA's Gainesville Knights - Gainesville Knights
- Kelly Ross, Jackson State, allocated to WBA's Misssippi franchise - Mississippi Miracles
- Miles College's Joseph King allocated to Birmingham's Magic City WBA team - Conyers Court Kings
- Ole Miss Player Kendrick Fox Allocated to WBA's Gulf Coast Bandits - Gulf Coast Bandits
- Georgia State's Brown, allocated to the WBA's Southern Crescent Lightning - Southern Crescent Lightning
- Hardman, UALR, allocated to WBA's Arkansas Arc Angels - Arkansas ArchAngels
- Mississippi State's Campbell allocated to WBA's Tunica Gamblers - Tunica Gamblers
- Alabama State's Golden allocated to Tunica Gambers - Tunica Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tunica Gamblers Stories
- Mississippi State's Campbell allocated to WBA's Tunica Gamblers
- Alabama State's Golden allocated to Tunica Gambers