Minnesota Twins Team up with Lynx by Purchasing Tickets for Tuesday's Game 3 vs. Los Angeles
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Twins have teamed up with the Lynx as they continue in the playoffs against Los Angeles for Game 3 on Tuesday, September 22 (8 p.m. CT tip). In support of the Lynx, the Twins have purchased 500 complimentary tickets for Tuesday night's Game 3 at Target Center. Beginning Monday at 8 a.m., the first 250 fans that call log on to www.lynxbasketball.com will have the opportunity to obtain the seats; limit two per customer.
Currently 1-1 in the series with Los Angeles, Minnesota won the first match, 67-65, as Maya Moore set a new playoff career-high and game-high with 33 points. Seimone Augustus also returned to action in Game 1 after missing the final eight regular-season games with a sprained left foot, finishing the game with 17 points, four assists and two rebounds in 36 minutes. In Los Angeles on Sunday, the Lynx fell 81-71 to the Sparks despite a game-high 27 points from Moore and 14 points and seven boards from Augustus. The series will return to Target Center on Tuesday for Game 3 to determine who will face the Phoenix Mercury in the Western Conference Finals. The game will be televised on ESPN2.
The Lynx (22-12) finished the regular season with the second-best overall record in the league, securing homecourt advantage throughout the Western Conference playoffs. The Lynx have put together 127 regular season wins since 2011, which is the second-most-prolific five-year haul in the WNBA history (Los Angeles, 130 games from 2000-04). This season marks the fifth consecutive season the Lynx put together 20+ wins, which is the second longest such stretch in WNBA history (Los Angeles - 6, 1999-2004).
Single-game tickets for the Western Conference Semifinals and playoff strips, which include tickets to all potential postseason home games, are available for purchase by calling the Lynx at 612-673-8400 or by visiting lynxbasketball.com/lynxtix.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 21, 2015
- Tickets on Sale Now for Eastern Conference Finals as Fever Earns 5th Straight Trip to Conference Fin - Indiana Fever
- Mercury Focusing on Themselves as Conference Finals Approach - Phoenix Mercury
- New York Liberty Game Notes: Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 3 vs. Washington Mystics - New York Liberty
- Minnesota Twins Team up with Lynx by Purchasing Tickets for Tuesday's Game 3 vs. Los Angeles - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Statement from Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx on Ownership
- Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx Host Memorial Blood Centers Drive at Target Center
- July 11th Minnesota Lynx at Los Angeles Postgame Notes
- July 9th Minnesota Lynx at Las Vegas Aces Postgame Notes
- July 7th- Minnesota Lynx vs Dallas Wings Postgame Notes