Miners Beat Jackals Behind Duncan's League Record Eighth Complete Game
Sussex County starting pitcher Frank Duncan (pictured) tossed his league record eighth complete game of the season as the Miners downed New Jersey by a final of 9-3.
Duncan had another solid outing for the Miners as he allowed two earned runs on six hits with a pair of walks and five strikeouts. The righty collected the win and is now 10-6 on the season. Duncan is currently first in the Can-Am in complete games (8), innings pitched (132.2) and shutouts (3) and tied for first in wins (10).
Offensively for Sussex County, 2B Trey Hair led the way going 1-for-3 with two runs scored, two stolen bases and two RBIs. Miners 3B Audy Ciriaco had a hit in three at-bats along with three runs scored while LF Jordan Scott scored twice and walked three times. Sussex County had seven hits in the game.
Third baseman Conrad Gregor had a two-hit game with two RBIs in the loss for the Jackals.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 29, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Champions Pitching Shuts Down Boulders in 5-3 Victory - Ottawa Champions
- Ottawa Takes Series Finale from Boulders, 5-3 - New York Boulders
- Miners Beat Jackals Behind Duncan's League Record Eighth Complete Game - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of Major League Baseball
- New Jersey Jackals Announce Job Fair Dates
- NJ Jackals Sign Can-Am League Player of the Year Alfredo Marte to Contract Extension
- New Jersey Jackals Sign RHP Dylan Brammer to Contract Extension
- NJ Jackals Acquire RHP John Hayes; Sign C-1B Richard Stock to Contract Extension