Military Appreciation, St. Patrick's Day Theme Jerseys Revealed
DENVER - The Colorado Mammoth revealed the team's Military Appreciation Night and St. Patrick's Day theme jerseys and shorts for the upcoming season on Wednesday at a fan party. More than 150 loud Mammoth fans packed CB & Potts in Englewood, Colo. for the unveiling.
"In one word, the party was 'electric'," said Mammoth president & general manager Steve Govett.
Military Appreciation Night jerseys and shorts feature burgundy-colored camouflage in the shapes of lacrosse players. The uniform, designed to resemble actual military apparel, pays homage to those who have served, and those currently serving our nation.
"The safety and security that our military provides to Coloradoans, Americans and global citizens deserve praise and recognition," said Govett. "Military Appreciation Night is one way for our organization and our fans to say 'thank you'."
Next week, the players' jerseys, which will be worn throughout the game on Military Appreciation Night on Saturday, February 16, will be auctioned on eBay to raise money for a military-related non-profit organization. As a continuation of last year's 'I'm Playing For' campaign, winning bidders will be able to personalize the jersey with the last name of a current or retired military member, as well as the member's branch of the military, on the right and left chest of the jersey, respectively. In a special 'Jerseys Off Our Backs' on-field presentation immediately following the game, each jersey will be hand-signed and given to the winning bidder.
The St. Patrick's Day theme night uniform features the iconic Mammoth tusk logo and Rocky Mountains, but with a green plaid pattern. Customized with plaid shamrocks on the shoulders and commemorative messaging on the cuffs, the players will 'go green' for the first time in franchise history.
The shorts...or kilts...for the night made an even bigger splash yesterday evening. Mammoth players will wear plaid shorts with art-designed pleats and sporrans that give the appearance of a kilt for the game on Saturday, March 16 - the day before St. Patrick's Day.
"There's definitely a 'wow' factor that we can't wait to share with our fans as we celebrate," said Govett.
An online auction for the game-worn apparel will be held in late-March.
Both jerseys are now available for purchase at Altitude Authentics at Pepsi Center, and online at AltitudeAuthentics.com. Quantities are limited.
Mammoth Opening Night is this Saturday, January 12 at 7pm MT as Colorado takes on the Washington Stealth. Tickets, which start at just $10, are available now at all TicketHorse outlets, the Pepsi Center Box Office, online at TicketHorse.com or by phone at 303.53.HORSE.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 10, 2013
- Military Appreciation, St. Patrick's Day Theme Jerseys Revealed - Colorado Mammoth
- Minnesota Swarm Opens 2013 Regular Season this Saturday in Buffalo - Minnesota Swarm
- Bachly Construction Colin Doyle Bobblehead Night February 15 - Toronto Rock
- Toronto Rock Open 2013 Season this Weekend - Toronto Rock
- Philadelphia Wings Welcome Sixers Star Spencer Hawes - Philadelphia Wings
- Rush Season Home Opener Sunday - Edmonton Rush
- Updated NLL Broadcast Information for this Weekend's Games - NLL
- NLL to be Carried Live on ESPN3 with Ten Games this Season - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Mammtoh Retiring Lacrosse Legend John Grant, Jr.'s No. 24 on March 24
- Five Straight Wins for the Colorado Mammoth
- Four Straight Wins for the Mammoth
- Mammoth Aiming for Fourth Consecutive Win on Military Appreciation Night
- the Mammoth Wins Colorado Pride Night 8-7