Michael Seaton Called up to Jamaica U-17 Men's National Team Ahead of CONCACAF Championship
Washington, D.C. (April 2, 2013) - D.C. United today announced that 16-year-old Homegrown forward Michael Seaton has been called up to the Jamaica U-17 Men's National Team ahead of two matches in the CONCACAF Championship. The U-17 Reggae Boyz will face Panama's U-17s on April 6 and then Barbados' U-17s on April 8 ahead of the 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Championships - a part of FIFA U-17 World Cup qualifying -held at the Estadio AgustÃ-n Muquita SÃ¡nchez in Panama City, Panama. Seaton joined the Jamaica squad this past Friday, March 29.
Seaton signed with the First Team on Jan. 14, becoming the fifth Homegrown player in D.C. United history. At just 16-years-old, Seaton is the first player born after the inception of Major League Soccer in 1996 to ink a deal with a team in the League.
Seaton last reported for international duty when he participated in CFU U-17 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches with the Jamaica U-17 National Team, tallying a goal in a 5-0 win against Bermuda on July 11, 2012 and another in a 4-0 win against Antigua and Barbuda on July 15, 2012. The young forward also impressed in United's Academy system as the leading scorer (12 goals) for the U-15 Pre-Academy team. Seaton was also the co-leading scorer (14 goals) for the U-16 Academy squad, guiding the team to a final eight finish in the playoffs before joining the U-18s in 2012.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 2, 2013
- Get to know the enemy - Club dé Futbol Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy Ready to Face Two-Time Champions League Winners Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Scouting Report: Philadelphia Union - Columbus Crew SC
- Chivas USA Falls 2-1 in Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Revs Working to Fix "Out of Sync" Attack - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Face Stiff Test, But Believe They Have Solid Shot against Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Defender Zarek Valentin Loaned to Norwegian Club FK Bodo/Glimt - Montreal Impact
- USA vs. Mexico, Club Edition - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Michael Seaton Called up to Jamaica U-17 Men's National Team Ahead of CONCACAF Championship - D.C. United
- Dynamo Forward Calen Carr Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Month - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- United Announce Founding Partnership with Heineken
- United Acquire 2017 USL MVP Dane Kelly
- United Extend Partnership with Richmond Kickers Through 2018 Season
- United Acquire Deportivo Saprissa Defender Joseph Mora
- United Acquire 2018 International Roster Spot from the Portland Timbers