Michael Rasmussen Assigned to Griffins for Conditioning
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday assigned center Michael Rasmussen to the Grand Rapids Griffins for conditioning.
The ninth overall selection in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft by Detroit, Rasmussen has tallied 13 points (6-7-13) and 19 penalty minutes in 41 games during his rookie campaign with the Red Wings. The 19-year-old made his NHL debut on Oct. 4 vs. Columbus, registered his first point on an assist on Oct. 8 at Anaheim and netted his first goal on Oct. 30 at Columbus. Rasmussen's three power play goals tie for second on the team and sixth among NHL rookies. He has not played since Jan. 4 vs. Nashville due to injury.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-6, 221-pound center logged 161 games with the Western Hockey League's Tri-City Americans from 2014-18, recording 157 points (81-76-157), a plus-eight rating and 129 PIM. During the 2017-18 season, he ranked second on the team in goals (31) and fourth in points (59) in 47 appearances. Rasmussen helped the Americans reach the 2018 conference finals, finishing as one of the league's playoff leaders with 33 points (2nd), 16 goals (T2nd), 17 assists (T5th) and seven power play goals (T1st).
A native of Surrey, British Columbia, Rasmussen represented Canada at the 2016 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup and Canada Black at the 2015 World U17 Hockey Challenge.
Following the all-star break, the Central Division-leading Griffins are on the road at the Texas Stars tomorrow at 8 p.m. EST.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 30, 2019
- Bischoff, Lagace Head to Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Defenseman Michael Kapla from New Jersey - Iowa Wild
- Wirtz Autographs, Postgame Fireworks Highlight Lottery Cup Matchup - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Michael Rasmussen Assigned to Griffins for Conditioning - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Drop Gloves against Cancer February 9 and 10 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Announce Hall of Fame Night Festivities - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Flyers Loan G Mike McKenna to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gambardella Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Division-Leading Griffins Head to Texas Following All-Star Break - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bakersfield's Joe Gambardella Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flames Recall Andrew Mangiapane - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Blessings in a Backpack Food Drive Presented by Wegmans February 1 and February 2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Defenseman Frank Hora Loaned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.