Metrostars acquire rights to midfielder Eric Quill from FC Dallas
SECAUCUS, NJ - The MetroStars announced today that they have traded a conditional pick in the 2006 Supplemental Draft to FC Dallas in exchange for the rights to midfielder Eric Quill. Subsequently, Quill was signed by the MetroStars, and per MLS policy terms of the deal are not disclosed.
Quill, a native of Missouri City Texas, is a nine-year MLS veteran who has played for FC Dallas, Kansas City Wizards and the Tampa Bay Mutiny during his career. In 2004, he appeared in 23 of FC Dallas' matches, starting 16 of them. Quill was also named to the final 23-man roster for the US National Team's friendly against El Salvador in November 2002, and was called into National Team camp in 2003.
He played one year of soccer at Clemson University in South Carolina before signing with Project-40's inaugural group. In 1998, he played in 21 matches with the Pro-40 squad, scoring six goals with four assists, and was the team's second-leading scorer behind Josh Wolff.
Quill did not appear in any games for FC Dallas in 2005.
The MetroStars return to action after the all-star break on Saturday, August 6 when they will play the inaugural game at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, Texas against FC Dallas.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 5, 2005
- Metrostars acquire rights to midfielder Eric Quill from FC Dallas - New York Red Bulls
- Team announces pre-game festivities for Saturday - FC Dallas
- Tickets Sold Out for Stadium Dedication Game This Saturday - FC Dallas
- Tickets For Earthquakes U.S. Open Cup Match Against Galaxy On Sale August 5 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution sign Daniel Hernandez - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- RBNY Advance to Eastern Conference Championship for First Time Since 2015
- New York Red Bulls Aaron Long, Kemar Lawrence Named to MLS Best XI
- Match Preview: New York Aims to Bounce Back against Columbus Crew SC in Leg 2
- Aaron Long Named 2018 MLS Defender of the Year
- New York Red Bulls' Aaron Long, Tyler Adams Named to USMNT Roster for November Friendlies