Mercury Forward Sancho Lyttle out 4-6 Weeks with Knee Injury
PHOENIX - Phoenix Mercury forward Sancho Lyttle will miss four to six weeks after sustaining a bone bruise in her left knee during the Mercury's game on Friday, July 12, at Connecticut, the team has announced.
Lyttle suffered a torn ACL in her left knee during the 2018 season, but returned to the court for the Mercury's 2019 home opener on May 31 against Las Vegas. The forward is averaging 3.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in 13 games for the Mercury this season.
After coming within one win of trip to the WNBA Finals, the Phoenix Mercury return in 2019 in search of a league-record tying fourth WNBA title. Led by the All-Star trio of Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and DeWanna Bonner, Phoenix looks to continue its title quest on July 17 against the Dallas Wings. Tickets for the Mercury's next home game on Wednesday, July 17 against the Dallas Wings, and the remaining 10 home games, at Talking Stick Resort Arena can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 16, 2019
- Mercury Forward Sancho Lyttle out 4-6 Weeks with Knee Injury - Phoenix Mercury
- Los Angeles Sparks' Riquna Williams Suspended Ten Games - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Mercury Stories
- Brittney Griner Purchases Block of 300 Tickets for Phoenix Mercury Game Tomorrow Night against Connecticut
- Brittney Griner Records 12th Career Dunk; One Lucky Fan to Win $7,000
- Phoenix Mercury Signs Asia Taylor
- Phoenix Mercury Re-Signs Arica Carter
- Mercury Guard Essence Carson out 6-8 Weeks with Calf Injury