Memphis Grizzlies Sign Wayne Selden Jr.
Memphis, Tenn. - Memphis Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace today announced the team has signed guard/forward Wayne Selden Jr. for a remainder of the season to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.
Selden (6-5, 230) was a member of Memphis' training camp roster this fall before joining the Grizzlies' NBA Development League affiliate, the Iowa Energy. He appeared in 35 games (20 starts) for the Energy and averaged 18.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 31.1 minutes. Most recently, the 22-year-old was signed to a 10-day contract by the New Orleans Pelicans on March 8 as a Call-Up from Iowa. He started in all three games he played with the Pelicans and averaged 5.3 points and 1.7 rebounds in 15.7 minutes.
A native of Boston, Mass., Selden played three years collegiately at the University of Kansas, where he was selected to the 2016 All-Big 12 Second Team following his junior season. He went undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft.
Selden will wear jersey no. 7.
Douglas (6-2, 195) appeared in 24 games for the Grizzlies this season, all as a reserve, and averaged 4.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 16.4 minutes. The 31-year-old has appeared in 394 games (65 starts) over an eight-year NBA career with the New York Knicks, Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings, Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, New Orleans Pelicans and Memphis Grizzlies. The Jonesboro, Ga. native was drafted in the first round (29th overall) by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2009 NBA Draft following his senior season at Florida State University.
Fans who want to support the Memphis Grizzlies and purchase tickets to any of the Grizzlies' remaining contests of the 2016/17 season or guarantee their 2017 NBA Playoff tickets with 2017/18 Season Tickets can do so by calling (901) 888-HOOP or going online to grizzlies.com . For more information on the Grizzlies, visit grizzlies.com, 'like' Memphis Grizzlies on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@memgrizz).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2017
- Skyforce Fall to D-Fenders 115-111 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Treat Sellout Crowd to Victory - Canton Charge
- Late Rally Comes up Short as Bulls Fall to Charge in Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Deyonta Davis From Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Wayne Selden Jr. - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors Concede First Game of Weekend Series to Texas - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Justin Patton Injury Update
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams
- Timberwolves Convert Amile Jefferson to Standard NBA Contract
- Timberwolves Recall Justin Patton from NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Amile Jefferson Breaks NBA G League Single Season Double Double Record in Wolves Season Finale