Late Rally Comes up Short as Bulls Fall to Charge in Canton
Canton, OH- The Windy City Bulls (19-25), presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, fell 104-101 to the Canton Charge Saturday night at the Canton Memorial Civic Center. The loss officially eliminated Windy City from playoff contention in their inaugural season.
Alec Brown paced the Bulls with a team high 24 points along with six rebounds. Duje Dukan added a season high 21 points and seven rebounds while Jon Octeus contributed 18 points for the Bulls.
Canton (28-18), the NBA D-League Affiliate of the Cleveland Cavaliers, received a team high 22 points from Cameron Jones as the Charge took the season series from the Bulls 3-1.
After Windy City stormed out to a 20-10 lead with 6:16 remaining in the first quarter, Canton quickly responded to take a 29-24 lead after the first quarter and extend their cushion to a 57-43 lead at halftime.
Windy City trailed by 16 early in the fourth quarter but used a late rally to pull within 102-101 on a three pointer by Brown 3.8 seconds to play in regulation. The Bulls were forced to intentionally foul and Jones sank both free-throws before a last second three-point attempt by Octeus was off the mark.
The Bulls were out-rebounded 45-39 on the evening and shot just 41% compared to 55% shooting by the Charge.
Windy City will return to action Tuesday night at the Sears Centre Arena on Champions Night when they welcome the Westchester Knicks to Hoffman Estates at 7 PM.
As part of Tuesday evening's festivities, the Bulls will be recognizing local champions from the community while fans will also have the opportunity to get their photos taken with the six Chicago Bulls Championship Trophies. The 2005 Chicago White Sox trophy will also be on display along with the Arlington Millions Trophy. Former Chicago Blackhawks Champion Daniel Carcillo and 1985 Super Bowl Champion Otis Wilson of the Chicago Bears. For tickets and more information visit WindyCityBulls.com
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2017
- Skyforce Fall to D-Fenders 115-111 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Treat Sellout Crowd to Victory - Canton Charge
- Late Rally Comes up Short as Bulls Fall to Charge in Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Deyonta Davis From Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Wayne Selden Jr. - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors Concede First Game of Weekend Series to Texas - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City's Antonio Blakeney Named 2017-18 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Hamilton Posts First Career Triple-Double, Windy City Downs Greensboro 108-90
- Shorthanded Windy City Falls 119-107 to Fort Wayne in Final Road Game
- Windy City Struggles Down the Strecth, Falls 104-93 to Grand Rapids
- Windy City Falls 121-120 to Memphis in a Double Overtime Thriller