McQuaid Jesuit Football Sets Home Attendance Record
ROCHESTER, NY - The Frontier Field Kickoff Classic drew a McQuaid Jesuit home game football record 4,127 fans on Saturday as the Knights beat The Aquinas Institute Little Irish 27-21.
Andrew Passero scored a pair of 4th quarter rushing touchdowns for the Knights and was named the McQuaid Jesuit game Most Valuable Player. Joe DeBonis won MVP for the Little Irish.
McQuaid Jesuit snapped a 15-game losing streak against The Aquinas Institute dating back to 2007 to win The Annual Game Challenge Trophy, awarded to the winner of the game between the Catholic high schools.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 7, 2019
- Stripers' Season Ends in 5-4 Game 4 Loss at Columbus - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bulls Advance to Third Straight Championship with Sweep of Scranton/WB - Durham Bulls
- Bulls win series 3-0 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- McQuaid Jesuit Football Sets Home Attendance Record - Rochester Red Wings
- Estrada added to RailRiders on rehab assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Red Wings Stories
- MLB Extends Support for Minor League Players
- Red Wings Donate 300,000 Medical Grade Gloves to Monroe County
- Minor League Baseball to Offer Free Preview of MiLB.TV
- Baseball's Back Bash Postponed, American Legion Welcome Home Dinner Canceled
- Statements from Minor League Baseball and the Rochester Red Wings