Mayhem Sign Veteran CBA All-Star Willie Simms
Muskegon, MI (January 4, 2006)-- The Michigan Mayhem have signed forward Willie Simms, as of Tuesday Jan. 3.
Simms, a 13-year veteran of the CBA, played his first game for the Mayhem last night and appeared to fit well with the team. He led Michigan in points, scoring 22, and tied for the team lead with a total of 10 rebounds.
This 6-foot-6, 235 pound, CBA veteran has enjoyed a long and successful career in the league. Simms is among all-time CBA leaders in many categories. He is currently second in scoring with 7,960; fourth in rebounds with 2,962; first in games played, 535; 25th in assists with 1,169; and 20th with steals at 444. He was also named to the CBA All-League second team and the CBA All-Star team for the 1998-1999 season.
Last season Simms played for the Great Lakes Storm where he averaged 11 points and 5.3 rebounds in 27 games. Simms has also played for the following CBA teams: Tri-City Chinook (1991-95), Fort Wayne Fury (1995-96), Connecticut Pride (1995-96), Yakima Sun Kings (1995-96), Grand Rapids Hoops (1997-02), Great Lakes Storm (2002-03).
Simms attended the University of Wisconsin from 1987- 1991. For the Badgers, Simms averaged per game 11.2 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 2.7 assists.
The Mayhem's next home game is January 15th against the Gary Steelheads at 3:35 PM. All tickets will be $5 (excluding floor seats) and can be purchased on game day at the L.C. Walker Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Continental Basketball Association 1 message board...
Continental Basketball Association 1 Stories from January 4, 2006
- Mayhem Sign Veteran CBA All-Star Willie Simms - Michigan Mayhem
- Steelheads Hunter and Holcomb Top Vote Getters on Eastern Conference All-Stars - Gary Steelheads
- Steelheads Invade Albany In First of Three Games in 72 Hours - Gary Steelheads
- Four Lightning players selected to All-Star roster - Rockford Lightning
- 2006 CBA Eastern Conference All-Stars Announced - CBA 1
- CBA League Update - CBA 1
- Skyforce Drops Key Game - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Michigan Mayhem Stories
- Mayhem Sign Veteran CBA All-Star Willie Simms
- Mayhem stay steady despite ever-changing roster
- Mayhem to Announce First Selection in 2004 CBA Draft
- Mayhem names Reggie Fox as First Head Coach
- Michigan Mayhem announces 2004-05 Schedule for Inaugural Historic CBA Basketball Season