Mayhem Back to Huntsville for Revenge Before Trip to Knoxville
Mayhem look to continue climbing the standings on the road
MACON, GA- After going 2-1-0 in three games this past weekend, the Macon Mayhem are on the road for two games, including a rematch against the Huntsville Havoc on Friday.
The Mayhem started the weekend with two home wins, as they defeated the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs 3-1 on Thursday and the Evansville Thunderbolts 3-2 in overtime on Friday. The team traveled to Huntsville on Saturday, falling in a back-and-forth 6-4 affair to the Havoc. Chris Izmirlian and Darren McCormick led the team with four points apiece, while Jake Trask, John Siemer, and Stathis Soumelidis all recorded three points apiece. Zach Urban recorded two assists on Saturday against Huntsville, which were his first career professional points.
The Mayhem hit the road, as they travel to Huntsville on Friday to try to get revenge on the Havoc. On Saturday, they play enemy to the Knoxville Ice Bears in on the road.
HUNTSVILLE HAVOC PREVIEW
2017-2018 Team Record (As of January 8th): 13-8-2 (28 points; 6th Place)
Season Series (Last Meeting): Mayhem are 0-2-0 vs. Huntsville (6-4 loss @ Huntsville on January 6, 2018)
Leading Scorer: Sy Nutkevitch (22 GP, 10 goals, 20 assists, 30 points - T-5th in SPHL)
Goaltending Situation: Keegan Asmundson (17 GP, 10-5-0 record, 2.96 GAA, 0.908 SV%); Mike DeLaVergne (9 GP, 3-3-2, 3.20 GAA, 0.906 SV%)
The Mayhem play two of the top scoring teams in the league this weekend, as Huntsville ranks third in goals for per game at 3.78 per game. They allow the fourth-most goals per game at 3.22 per game. Their power play ranks second in the SPHL at 22.47%.
KNOXVILLE ICE BEARS PREVIEW
2017-2018 Team Record (As of January 8th): 14-9-2 (30 points; 5th Place)
Season Series (Last Meeting): Mayhem are 1-0-0 (5-4 win on November 25, 2017)
Leading Scorer: Berkley Scott (25 GP, 10 G, 15 A, 25 P)
Starting Goaltender: Zoltan Hetenyi (19 GP, 10-8-1, 3.08 GAA, 0.912 SV%)
Knoxville has a high-scoring offense, as they score the second-most goals in the SPHL - 3.84 goals per game. They do, however, rank seventh in the league in goals against per game at 3.32 goals against per game. They are a very good team in terms of special teams, as they rank fourth in the SPHL in power play percentage and rank tops in the league in penalty kill percentage.
The Mayhem are back home at the Macon Coliseum on Friday, January 19th and Saturday, January 20th. For ticket information, visit MaconMayhem.com or call the Mayhem Front Office at (478) 803-1592.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2018
- Macon's Darren McCormick Named Warrior Player of T - Macon Mayhem
- Mayhem Back to Huntsville for Revenge Before Trip to Knoxville - Macon Mayhem
- RiverKings Shot Down by Marksmen, Fall 3-1 - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Shot Down by Marksmen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Di Salvo Shines in Victory - Fayetteville Marksmen
- RAIL YARD DAWGS COMEBACK BID FALLS SHORT, 4-3 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Macon Mayhem Stories
- Mayhem's Season Comes to an End with 3-2 Overtime Loss to Huntsville Havoc
- Mayhem Game Notes: President's Cup Semi-Finals Game #3
- Mayhem Fall 8-2 to Havoc, Face Series-Deciding Game Three Friday Night
- Mayhem Take Game One of President's Cup Semi-Finals with 6-4 Victory over Huntsville
- Mayhem Game Notes: President's Cup Semi-Finals (Mayhem at Havoc)