Mavericks Trade with Alaska, Acquire Forward Ross Ring-Jarvi
Independence, MO (November 6, 2014) - The Missouri Mavericks announced on Thursday that the club has acquired right wing Ross Ring-Jarvi from the Alaska Aces. As part of the acquisition, defenseman Colten Hayes has been re-assigned to Alaska by the Mavericks AHL affiliate, the Chicago Wolves.
Ring-Jarvi, 27, was a part of the Aces 2013-14 Kelly Cup Championship team. The Anoka, Minnesota native played in seven post-season games last season scoring his first Kelly Cup goal in Game 2 of the Finals against the Cincinnati Cyclones. So far this season, the forward has played in two games with Alaska.
"Ross plays both ends of the ice very well and knows what it takes to win a championship," said Matvichuk. "He is a great addition who will go into the corners to create offense and will also be responsible in his own zone helping our overall defensive focus. We are very excited to have him."
Prior to turning pro, Ring-Jarvi, played four seasons at Gustavus Adolphus College scoring 46 goals with 84 assists in 115 career games. Following his senior season, the 5-11, 190-pounder played in one post-season game in the Central Hockey League with the Rapid City Rush.
Hayes has played 80 games with the Mavericks since 2012 totaling six goals with 25 assists and 156 penalty minutes.
"We would like to thank Colten for his time with the Mavericks," said Matvichuk. "He was a popular player who always played hard and had great energy. We wish him the best moving forward."
The Mavericks host the Rapid City Rush on Saturday night in their home opener. Face-off at the Independence Events Center is scheduled for 7:05 PM (CST), with a special pre-game pep rally hosted by the City of Independence and Independence Events Center beginning at 4:00pm (CST) outside the East doors of the IEC. Fans can participate in the "ultimate fan" contest for a chance to win a cash prize, and greet the entire team in a special "orange carpet" entrance. Full event details available at MissouriMavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 6, 2014
- High Flying Mallards Tame the Beast - Brampton Beast
- Mallards Pull Away from Beast 5-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Aces Acquire D Colten Hayes from Missouri in Exchange for RW Ross - Alaska Aces
- Winterfest Open Skate Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Moon Receives AHL Call-Up to Adirondack - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Trade with Alaska, Acquire Forward Ross Ring-Jarvi - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - November 6 - ECHL
- Forwards Kantor and O'Donnell Sent from Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Devin Twins Reunite as Stingrays Add Defenseman Mike Devin - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Unveil 5th Annual Hockey Heroes for Epilepsy Jersey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mike Bergin Traded to Elmira - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jackals Acquire Bergin from Orlando - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Kick off Home 'Movember' this Weekend - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - November 6 - ECHL
- Wolfe, Syvret collect Aces goals in return home to Sullivan Arena - Alaska Aces
- Reign Strike Thunder in 7-2 Win - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Falter against Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Eagles Fly over Steelheads 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.