Mavericks Sign Josh Reaves to Two-Way Contract
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have signed guard Josh Reaves to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Reaves (6-5, 214) competed for the Mavericks' Las Vegas Summer League team in July, averaging 12.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.0 block in 23.5 minutes in five games (two starts).
The Fairfax, Va., native went undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft after a decorated four-year career at Penn State. As a senior, Reaves averaged 10.6 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 2.5 steals and 33.0 minutes in 32 games (all starts), while also being named the 2018-19 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year.
Reaves was a two-time Big Ten All-Defensive team selection and is the only player in conference history to lead the Big Ten in steals three consecutive seasons. He is the all-time steals leader at Penn State and ranks seventh in Big Ten history.
The 2019-20 season will mark the third year NBA two-way contracts will be implemented. NBA teams are allowed to have up to two players under two-way contracts who will spend the bulk of the season in the NBA G League and not more than 45 days with their NBA team.
Two-way players are paid a corresponding daily amount based on the number of days they play in each league. Only players with four-or-fewer years of NBA experience are able to sign two-way contracts, which can be for either one or two seasons.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from July 29, 2019
- Season Tickets for College Park Skyhawks' Inaugural Season On-Sale Now - College Park Skyhawks
- Mavericks Sign Josh Reaves to Two-Way Contract - Texas Legends
- Delaware Blue Coats Statement from Matt Lilly - Delaware Blue Coats
- Chase Buford Named Head Coach of the Wisconsin Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Legends Announce Tenth Season Schedule
- Mavericks Sign Josh Reaves to Two-Way Contract
- Mavericks Sign Antonius Cleveland to Two-Way Contract
- Legends Name Galanopoulos Head Coach Entering 10th Anniversary Season
- Texas Legends Receive 2018-19 NBA G League Awards for Franchise of the Year and Executive of the Year