Mavericks Sign Goaltender Ryan Daniels
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Tuesday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has signed goaltender Ryan Daniels.
Daniels, 24 (6/22/88), is a fifth round draft pick (151st overall) of the Ottawa Senators in the 2006 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft. A native of Pickering, Ontario, Daniels recently finished his career at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario. In his final three years at Wilfrid Laurier, the 6-foot-1, 194-pound goaltender had a 2.89 goals-against average (GAA) and .921 save percentage in 81 games played.
"Ryan as a tremendous track record in the Ontario Hockey League and Canadian University hockey," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "He has also gained valuable experience participating in a number of NHL and AHL training camps. We are excited to add Ryan to our roster."
Prior to playing collegiately, Daniels played just over four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Saginaw Spirit and the Peterborough Petes. In 166 games played, he finished with an 85-58-14 record, 3.37 GAA and .902 save percentage.
The Mavericks game against the Denver Cutthroats for tonight has been moved to March 13 at Independence Events Center. Missouri's next home game is this Friday, March 1 against the Quad City Mallards. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.com, by calling (800) 745-3000 or by heading to the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office. Parking is always free at Independence Events Center. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2013
- Sundogs Sweep Oilers in Two-Game Set, 3-2 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Roll in Rapid City - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Come up Short in 3-2 Setback to Sundogs - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Drop Second Straight to Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Rapid City's Danny Battochio Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Rush Sweep Weekly Awards as Danny Battochio Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Rapid City Rush
- Kent Patterson Assigned to Cutthroats from AHL - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards Team with MetroLINK - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Sign Goaltender Ryan Daniels - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Chouinard Assigned to Cutthroats from AHL - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa
- Mavericks Inch Closer to Postseason Berth with 3-2 Win over Wichita