Mavericks Sign Gagnon, Waive Zych
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks have officially signed defenseman Mathieu Gagnon to their roster. In turn the Mavs have released defenseman Evan Zych.
The 21 year old Gatineau, Quebec native joins the Mavericks from the Elmira Jackals (ECHL) where he recorded 1 goal, 2 assists and 21 penalty minutes through 22 games.
Gagnon will make his Mavericks debut on the road against the Allen Americans wearing number 10 for Missouri.
The Mavericks, ranked at the top of the Central Hockey League two points ahead of the Rapid City Rush and Allen Americans, play their next game on the road in Allen on Friday night before returning home on Saturday to face the Americans again at the Independence Events Center.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2014
- Chill Welcome Brett and Bobby Hull - St. Charles Chill
- Former Thunder Great Earns Hall of Fame Honors - Wichita Thunder
- Ruskowski Bobblehead Giveaway Saturday - Quad City Mallards
- CHL Suspends Rapid City's Kevin Harvey - CHL
- Mavericks Sign Gagnon, Waive Zych - Kansas City Mavericks
- Former Oilers Owner and President Jeff Lund to be Inducted into CHL Hall of Fame - Tulsa Oilers
- Central Hockey League Hall of Fame Class of 2014 Announced - CHL
- Ben Gordon's Four-Goal First Period Downs Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Gordon's Five-Point Night Lifts Oilers Past Rush - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- KC Continues Their Hunt for a Playoff Spot as Road Trip Closes Out
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip