Mavericks Add Final Three Players to Roster
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced Thursday the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed forwards Robb Ross, Erik Peterson and Karey Pieper for the team's inaugural season.
Ross, 26 (8/31/83), comes to the Mavericks having served for the Army the past five years and he also played on Army's hockey squad. The rookie forward did not play last season while he was overseas serving the United States. Ross, a North St. Paul, Minnesota native, finished with 63 points (29-34=63) in 130 games with Army.
Peterson, 21 (4/4/88), is entering his rookie season having played for the North American Hockey League's (NAHL) Alpena IceDiggers for the past four seasons. The 6-foot-0, 190-pound forward led the team in scoring in each of the past two seasons and finished with 203 points (72-131=203) in 212 games. A native of Alpena, Michigan, Peterson averaged over a point per game over the last three seasons.
Pieper, 21 (10/22/87), is the final signing before the Mavericks begin training camp on Monday, October 5. Pieper played the last four seasons in the Western Hockey League (WHL), most recently for the Edmonton Oil Kings. In five seasons in juniors, the Coronation, Alberta native totaled 43 points (21-22=43) in 231 contests. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound forward also recorded nine points (3-6=9) in 22 playoff games during his WHL career.
The Mavericks begin their inaugural training camp on Monday, October 5 and the team is slated to play an intrasquad game on October 7 at Pepsi Ice Midwest. The game is the first chance for fans to see the Mavericks in action and tickets are on sale for just $5 at the team's front office.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 1, 2009
- Line-up set for Puska on Pucks Hockey Preview Show - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Mavericks Add Final Three Players to Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles' Annual - Colorado Eagles
- Sundogs Add Former Enforcer Cedric Bernier to Training Camp Roster - Arizona Sundogs
- 'Bugs Announce Season Ticket Holder Party - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks' Team Captain Dube Retires - Laredo Bucks
- Forwards Provide Firepower - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings in the Mid-South Update - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jacks Announce Training Camp Roster - Odessa Jackalopes
- Last Call For Brahmas Golf Tournament - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Training Camp and Media Day Monday, Five More Signed - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks to Announce Dube's Future Today - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa