Matt Philip the Huron Tractor 'Milestone' Attacker of the Week
Owen Sound Attack forward Matt Philip reached multiple milestones this past week, including 50 career OHL goals and 100 career OHL points. Philip is also at 199 career OHL games, and is expected to reach the 200 game mark this weekend as the Attack head on their southern road trip to meet the Firebirds, Spirit and Spitfires. The Ilderton, Ont. native joined the Attack this past offseason in a trade involving former Attack forward Jackson Doherty. The overage forward is tied for the team lead in goals with 10 tallies in 20 contests. Philip scored twice this past weekend, including the game tying goal with thirty seconds remaining to earn us a point on Friday night in Guelph.
Barret Kirwin also reached the 100 career point milestone this past weekend, adding an assist in Barrie to reach the century mark. Kirwin hit 200 career games played earlier this season.
You can listen to every Attack game on the road this weekend with 560 CFOS Bear Radio and stream online with OHLLive.com. The Windsor Spitfires game will be broadcast on Rogers Grey County Channel 53.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2019
- Rangers Fall to the Storm 5-1 - Kitchener Rangers
- Game Preview: Sting Host Firebirds for Some Wednesday Night Hockey at the Hive - Sarnia Sting
- Vaughn CHL Team of the Week Unveiled - OHL
- Petes Continue to Chase First Place with Two Home Games this Week - Peterborough Petes
- McMichael Continues Historic Start to Season - London Knights
- Pucks for Paws Game Sunday - Oshawa Generals
- Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Kitchener Rangers - Guelph Storm
- Matt Philip the Huron Tractor 'Milestone' Attacker of the Week - Owen Sound Attack
- Wawanesa Toy Drives Coming to the OHL - OHL
- Firebirds to Host Education Staff Appreciation Night Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Storm Honours Long-Time Equipment Manager Rusty Hammond - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.