Petes Continue to Chase First Place with Two Home Games this Week
(Peterborough, ON) - The Peterborough Petes have a full slate this weekend with home games on Thursday against the Kingston Frontenacs and on Saturday against the Kitchener Rangers, both at 7:05pm at the Peterborough Memorial Centre.
Thursday night will be the first visit to the PMC for 2019 first overall pick Shane Wright, the 15-year-old exceptional status rookie who has registered 13 points in 16 OHL games. The Petes have taken the first two games against Kingston this season by scores of 5-3 and 4-1.
Thursday's game sponsor is Fresh 100.5, while the United Way, who will be recognized in a pre-game ceremony, is the game's charity partner.
During the first intermission the Petes will recognize Payton Prentice, a young girl who raised over $1,225 for the PRHC Mombassadors. The second intermission will feature a United Way chuck-a-puck where one lucky winner will go home with a $200 gift card to Riley's Pub. Other prizes include a Petes package including a Petes plaid jersey and a women's Petes watch.
Saturday night the Kitchener Rangers will make their only appearance at the PMC when the Petes will celebrate Millbrook and District Minor Hockey with a pre-game ceremony and other in-game experiences. The game is sponsored by Bruce Power. The Petes will also welcome the Trent University Dance Team who will a second intermission chuck-a-puck.
The Petes are looking for their first victory at home against the Rangers in four years. They are 0-3-1-0 in that time against Kitchener. The Rangers currently sit just two points out of a playoff spot through 18 games, while the Petes are currently ranked fifth overall in the OHL.
Tickets for all regular season home games are available through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office in person and over the phone at (705) 743-3561 Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, and 24 hours a day online.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2019
- Rangers Fall to the Storm 5-1 - Kitchener Rangers
- Game Preview: Sting Host Firebirds for Some Wednesday Night Hockey at the Hive - Sarnia Sting
- Vaughn CHL Team of the Week Unveiled - OHL
- Petes Continue to Chase First Place with Two Home Games this Week - Peterborough Petes
- McMichael Continues Historic Start to Season - London Knights
- Pucks for Paws Game Sunday - Oshawa Generals
- Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Kitchener Rangers - Guelph Storm
- Matt Philip the Huron Tractor 'Milestone' Attacker of the Week - Owen Sound Attack
- Wawanesa Toy Drives Coming to the OHL - OHL
- Firebirds to Host Education Staff Appreciation Night Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Storm Honours Long-Time Equipment Manager Rusty Hammond - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Strong Third Period Not Enough to Sink Steelheads in Mississauga
- Five Unanswered Saginaw Spirit Goals Sink Petes
- Petes Welcome George Gillespie as Sixth Member of the Board of Directors
- Petes Host Saginaw Spirit on Thursday for Their Only Visit to the PMC this Season
- Peterborough Petes Name Players of the Week for the Week Ending January 19