Match Preview: #PITvTBR
Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies
Saturday, July 13, 7 p.m. ET
Highmark Stadium, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Follow us for live updates on Twitter at @RowdiesGameday
How to Watch
The match will be broadcast online on ESPN+ here. International viewers can watch online here.
Tampa Bay: 11-1-6 (W-L-T), 1st place; 6-0-2 on road
Pittsburgh: 6-3-7 (W-L-T), 8th place; 4-0-4 at home
The Tampa Bay Rowdies arrive in Pittsburgh at the top of the USL Championship's Eastern Conference standings following last week's 3-1 road win over the Swope Park Rangers. The Rowdies have been in first place since May 18, apart from a three-day span from June 26 to June 29 when they fell to second place behind the Indy Eleven on the total wins tiebreaker.
Sebastian Guenzatti leads the team in scoring with 10 goals, good
for fourth-best in the league. His most frequent strike partner, Juan Tejada, is the Rowdies second-leading scorer with seven goals in his first professional season. Guenzatti and Tejada have both scored in each of Tampa Bay's last three matches. Guenzatti was named to the Team of the Week on Tuesday.
Tejada will depart after this match to join the Panama U23s for 2020 Olympics qualifying. Panama will play El Salvador in a two-legged series on July 17 and 21. This is Tejada's first involvement with the Panama U23s. He is expected to miss only one Rowdies match and return in time for Tampa Bay's visit to the New York Red Bulls II on July 26.
Tampa Bay's early season success was spurred by an airtight defense that kept nine clean sheets in the first 13 matches of the season. Since then, the Rowdies have conceded in five consecutive matches. Still, Tampa Bay has only conceded 11 goals in total this season, good for second-best in the Championship. Only Indy (10) has conceded fewer, but the Eleven has played two fewer matches.
Goalkeeper Macklin Robinson made his Rowdies debut in last weekend's win over Swope Park as John McCarthy was rested. Robinson made five saves, including a penalty kick. The only goal he conceded was an unlucky one as the rebound of his penalty kick save bounced directly back to the penalty kick taker.
QUESTIONABLE - Jaime Siaj (quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE - Andrew Tinari (groin)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 13, 2019
- Preview: New Mexico at Fresno FC - New Mexico United
- Rising FC Too Much for Toros at Home - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Phoenix Rising Reaches Nine Wins in a Row After Shutting out Rio Grande Valley - Phoenix Rising FC
- San Antonio FC Narrowly Falls 0-1 to Cardiff City FC Despite Good Performance - San Antonio FC
- Legion FC Wins Tight Contest vs. North Carolina FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Hounds Draw First-Place Rowdies, 1-1 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- North Carolina FC Drops Tight Contest 1-0 at Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- Roughnecks Lose to Colorado 0-1 - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Indy Eleven 10-Game Unbeaten Streak Snapped Via 1-2 Loss at Hartford Athletic - Indy Eleven
- Independence Extend Forth Straight Home Win, Seventh Game Beatless - Charlotte Independence
- Fresno FC vs. New Mexico United Preview - Fresno FC
- Mkosana Earns Point for the Rowdies in Pittsburgh - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- STLFC Falls 2-1 Away to Charlotte Independence - Saint Louis FC
- Charleston Battery vs. Memphis 901 FC Postponed - Charleston Battery
- Saturday Night's Memphis 901 FC Away Match at Charleston Battery Postponed - Memphis 901 FC
- Boys in Green Bring Home a Huge Win for the First Dillon Stadium Match - Hartford Athletic
- ATL UTD 2 Falls at New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- It's Game Day in Colorado - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC V Louisville City FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Reno Tops Club America U20s in International Friendly - Reno 1868 FC
- Real Monarchs Trounces Tacoma Defiance 5-0 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Tacoma Defiance Falls on the Road at Real Monarchs SLC - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview: #PITvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.