Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. NYCFC
ATLANTA (Nov. 10, 2018) - Atlanta United returns to action on Sunday, Nov. 11 when it hosts NYCFC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Leg 2 of the 2018 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Semifinals. Atlanta (21-7-6, 69 points), the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference, faces No. 3 seed NYCFC (16-10-8, 56 points), who advanced by defeating Philadelphia Union in the Knockout round. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 5:30 p.m. EST and will be nationally televised on ESPN.
In Leg 1, Atlanta United earned a 1-0 victory at Yankee Stadium, becoming just the second team to beat NYCFC on its home field in 2018. Midfielder Eric Remedi scored his first career goal, while Atlanta held NYCFC without a shot on target for the first time this season. Remedi scored the game's deciding goal the 37th minute. Off a corner, Julian Gressel sent a ball into the box that Josef Martinez ripped on goal, forcing Sean Johnson to parry where an unmarked Remedi tapped the ball into an empty net at the far post.
Sunday, Nov. 11, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA |5:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (21-7-6, 69 points) vs. NYCFC (16-10-8, 56 points)
English TV | ESPN
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game (local)
4:30 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
5 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 10, 2018
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Red Bull Arena Tomorrow to Face the New York Red Bulls in Leg 2 - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. NYCFC - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United's Tata Martino Named 2018 MLS Coach of the Year
- Darlington Nagbe Week-To-Week with Left Hamstring Strain
- Atlanta United Defeats NYCFC, Advances to Eastern Conference Finals
- Atlanta United Tops 1 Million Fans in 2018 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Miguel Almiron and Josef Martinez selected to 2018 MLS Best XI