Martinez topples Aces
Laredo, Texas - July 27, 2008 - Laredo Broncos starter Gregorio Martinez struck out ten as they beat the Alexandria Aces 13-2 Sunday at Veterans Field. Martinez lasted seven innings, fanning ten and walking three. He gave up two unearned runs for his fifth win of the year. The Broncos failed to score in only two innings. After three innings, the Broncos were leading 4-0, with Dwayne White hitting an RBI triple in the third. White came around and scored on a sacrifice fly by Arnoldo Ponce. Laredo went 5-0 when Edgard Clemente hit his 13th home run of the year, a solo shot, in the fifth. The Aces scored their only two runs, both unearned, in the sixth. Luis Guance scored on a single by Bryan Sabatella and Selwyn Langaigne scored on a single by Madison Edwards when the throw from center got away from catcher Luany Sanchez, allowing the second run to score. Robbie Wooley was chased out of the game after just three innings and giving up four runs, three earned, on seven hits. The Aces and Broncos continue their three-game series Monday as Alexis Sosa takes the mound for the Aces against Santo Hernandez. Game time is 7:35 PM.
Next home game: Wednesday July 30th vs. Amarillo. US Armed Forces Night. Free Admission.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 27, 2008
- Martinez topples Aces - Alexandria Aces
- Broncos Blow Out Aces in Series Opener - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes Drop Series Opener - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts cruise to another blowout win - San Angelo Colts
- Landreth Leads Colts Past WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th