Mammoth Goal Songs Announced for the 2019-20 Season
Every professional athlete wants to be star. They want their fans to know them for their style of play and how successful they are, reading the stats on the back of their player card they get with the bubble gum. Moving into an era of social media and the ability to follow the lives of almost every person alive, athletes have had to adapt the ways in which their fans can follow them, competing even more with athletes not just in the NLL, but every sport.
The years of one goal song that universally covers the emotions and personalities of each player has come to an end and it is time to catch up to 2019, it's not 2003 anymore. The players of the Mammoth have spoken, and their vote was to allow fans to associate their on-field success with a unique song choice. The players have each selected a song that will play after they score a goal in the Loud House.
And why shouldn't it change, they were the ones who scored the goal, right? They want to either make all the Loud House fans dance with them or grind the gears of the opponent when Liger scores again and they hear "Baby Shark" for the fourth time in one night (unfortunately not an actual song selection). Even the goalies had some fun with it for the opportune time they get to score a goal. If they get that opportunity, expect them to take off the gloves and do the Dougie. Maybe it will provide more incentive for Mammoth players to put the ball in the net, aiming for 25 goals a night. Mammoth fans can only hope for that kind of output on a nightly basis. Completely unheard-of production.
The new goal songs will debut during the Home Opener on Friday, November 29 at 7:30 PM. Mark you calendar and get your rosters out to write down the songs that each player who scored picks. Players dwelled on their selections for weeks and can't wait to put on a show.
Tickets for the 2019-20 Mammoth season are on sale now and can be found at AltitudeTickets.com. For information on Season Ticket and Partial Season Ticket Memberships, please visit ColoradoMammoth.com or call 303.405.1101.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 25, 2019
- Mammoth Introduce Player Walks and Tailgates for the 2019-20 Season - Colorado Mammoth
- Georgia Swarm Reveal Roster for 2019-20 NLL Season - Georgia Swarm
- Seals Announce 2019-20 Roster - San Diego Seals
- Rush Unveil 2019-20 Roster - Saskatchewan Rush
- Roughnecks Announce 21-Player Active Roster - Calgary Roughnecks
- Warriors Announce Paul Bissonnette as Team Ambassador - Vancouver Warriors
- Thunderbirds Announce Inaugural 21-Man Roster - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Rock Announce 2019-20 Final Roster - Toronto Rock
- New England Finalizes 2019-20 Roster - New England Black Wolves
- Riptide Announce Inaugural Season Roster - New York Riptide
- Knighthawks Unveil 2019-20 Roster - Rochester Knighthawks
- Bandits Announce 2019-20 Roster - Buffalo Bandits
- Mammoth Goal Songs Announced for the 2019-20 Season - Colorado Mammoth
- National Lacrosse League, B/R Live Enhance Media Partnership as 2019-20 Season Begins - NLL
- Warriors Announce 2019/2020 Roster - Vancouver Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Ryan Lee Nets Five Goals as Mammoth Drop 13-12 Overtime Decision
- Colorado Looks to Keep Rolling as Mammoth Host Bandits January 25
- Hooters Happy Hour Returns January 28 with Second Annual Wing Eating Contest
- Mammoth Hold Rush to Six as Offense Finds It Stride in Saskatchewan
- Mammoth Limited to Five Goals as Colorado Drops Divisional Duel in Vancouver