Mallards Walk It off against Dock Spiders
MADISON, WI- The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (5-4) get walked off on by the Madison Mallards (5-4). This is the second time on the year it has happened against the Mallards, and the second time this week.
Ryan Bader (Northwestern) would take the mound and only allow two runs against the Mallards. He would keep the offense in the game and continue to give them opportunities.
The Dock Spiders would struggle to get anything going till a Tim Elko (Mississippi) solo home run cut into the deficit.
The Dock Spiders would trail 2-1 into the seventh inning. With two outs a walk and a single would set up a three-run home run by Tate Kolwyck (Vanderbilt).
They would take that 4-2 lead into the eighth before running into trouble. After the Mallards would get the tying run to second base with two outs, Jack Snyder (Western Carolina) would get the strike out to end the inning.
The Dock Spiders would hold the lead into the ninth. After allowing the tying run to get on base, Max Cioffi (Mississippi) would come in.
He had a tough task at hand. After getting the second out of the inning, the Mallards had their best hitter at the plate and he would deliver a walk off three-run home run to win 6-4.
The Dock Spiders come back home for the weekend to face the Mallards at 6:35 PM CST. It's "Building Blocks Night" at the park.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Larks Lose First Game in Series - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Split Series with Rockford - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Outlast Dock Spiders with 6-5 Win - Madison Mallards
- MoonDogs Fall Victim to Sweep by Rox - Mankato MoonDogs
- Dock Spiders Lose It in the Ninth - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Dotzler Shines on the Mound as St. Cloud Sweeps Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Growlers Slay Kingfish in Back-And-Forth Game - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Duluth Sweeps Thunder Bay with 11-8 Win - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Sweep Kokomo at Home - Battle Creek Bombers
- Pit Spitters Rally in Ninth for Walk-Off 2-1 Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Woodchucks Drop Heartbreaker to Pit Spitters - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Huskies go 3-4 in week 7 - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Go for Series Sweep to Close Homestand - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Looking to Carry Momentum to Fond du Lac - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Partner with Screaming Eagle for Canned Food Drive on July 20 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Walk It off against Dock Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Stories
- Dock Spiders Fall in Close Game to Loggers
- Dock Spiders Pitching Strikes out 15 in Opening Day Win
- Dock Spiders Announce Schedule for First Two Weeks of Season
- Fond du Lac Dock Spiders to Begin 2020 Season on July 1st
- Dock Spiders Front Office and Team Store Now Open