Mad Ants Fall at Delaware
Wilmington, Del. - The Delaware Blue Coats (17-23) defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 112-99, at the 76ers Fieldhouse on Monday night.
Travin Thibodeaux finished with a career-high 16 points, to go along with nine rebounds and six assists.
Stephan Hicks led all Mad Ants (19-23) with 19 points on 7-of-12 shooting, as well as eight rebounds. Rob Gray came off the bench to throw in 18 points- 16 of which came in the first half - and grabbed two rebounds.
Omari Johnson recorded 12 points and six rebounds for Fort Wayne.
The Mad Ants owned another halftime lead after holding Delaware to a 2-for-15 shooting clip from beyond the arc in the first 24 minutes.
The Blue Coats snapped its three-game losing streak aided by a 12-2 run out of the halftime break to take its first lead of the game at 67-66 in the third quarter.
Rashad Vaughn and Keenan Evans fueled the comeback effort for Delaware with 14 points each in the second half. Vaughn finished with a game-high 20 points to go along with eight rebounds.
Norvell Pelle made his presence felt inside with 18 points and 12 rebounds, and Evans capped the night off with 18 points.
Haywood Highsmith finished with a double-double of 11 points and 11 rebounds.
Fort Wayne will conclude its road trip at Long Island on Wednesday night. Delaware will head to Capital City to face the Go-Go on Friday night.
Tickets are available for the next Mad Ants home game on Friday for "Faith & Family Night" by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2019
- Mad Ants Fall at Delaware - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Tops Canton to Win Franchise-Record Sixth Straight - Long Island Nets
- Charge Come up Short in Long Island - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd to Host Boots vs. Badges Charity Basketball Game on March 6 - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars to Host Three-Game Homestand Starting Tonight - Salt Lake City Stars
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Legends Host Special Olympics Night, Presented by Toyota - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.