Mad Ants Acquire Russ Smith from the G League's Available Player Pool
Fort Wayne Mad Ants have acquired veteran Russ Smith from the NBA G League's available player pool.
Smith last played for the Sichuan Blue Whales of the Chinese Basketball Association. Smith first began playing in China in 2017.
A NBA veteran of 27 games, Smith has played for the Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Pelicans.
Other than playing in the NBA and China's CBA, he has also played in the NBL in China, in the Euro League and the G League since he turned pro in 2014.
Prior to turning professional, Smith was a standout at Louisville where he helped lead the Cardinals to the NCAA National Title in 2013 and was a First Team All-American in 2014.
During his stints in the NBA G League, Smith played seven games with the Mad Ants during the 2014-15 season on assignment from the New Orleans Pelicans as a rookie. He averaged 15.1 points and 5.9 assists per game during his time in Fort Wayne, averaging 24.9 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 30, 2021
- Greensboro Swarm Add Norense Odiase to Roster - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Nets Acquire Jordan Crawford and Jeremy Harris - Long Island Nets
- Jordan Bell Earns 10-Day Contract with Chicago Bulls - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Acquire Russ Smith from the G League's Available Player Pool - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Texas' Dakota Mathias Signs with Memphis Grizzlies - Texas Legends
- Nate Hinton Earns 10-Day Contract with Indiana Pacers - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Center Aric Holman Earns NBA Call-Up from Miami Heat - Austin Spurs
- Mad Ants Acquire Walt Lemon Jr. - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.