Loudoun United FC Acquire Midfielder Alexis Cerritos and Forward Elvis Amoh for Remainder of the 2019 Inaugural Season
Loudoun United FC have acquired midfielder Alexis Cerritos and forward Elvis Amoh for the remainder of the 2019 inaugural season.
"Alexis is a top local attacking player that has played with D.C. United's academy for the past few years. He has already earned a full international cap with El Salvador." Head Coach Ryan Martin, said. "He has the ability to create goals with his strength and composure on the field. Elvis is a physically gifted forward who we found in the D.C. United U-23 Academy program. He is powerful and can hold the ball well. He will be a great addition to the team."
Cerritos rejoins D.C. United after leaving the academy in January of 2019 to join Club de Futbol Pachuca U-20 youth team, a club that plays in Mexico. Cerritos is from Bowie, Md., and joined the D.C. United Academy in 2015.
While with the D.C. United Academy, Cerritos was called up to the El Salvador U-17 National team for the 2017 CONCACAF U-17 Championship. Appearing in all of the El Salvador matches in the tournament, Cerritos scored the only goal for the team. Cerritos made seven appearances for the U-17 club, scoring three goals. He also debuted for the El Salvador National team in a friendly against Canada at 17 years old. Cerritos became the second youngest player to debut for El Salvador and the first player born in the 21st century.
Amoh joins Loudoun United after making appearances on four other teams. He started his career with Asante Kotoko SC of the Ghanaian Premier League in 2015, and rejoined the club in 2017 after a year with the West African Football Academy. Later in 2017, he joined Capital City FC of the Canadian Soccer League, and most recently played for SK Lisen of the Czech National Football League.
Player: Alexis Cerritos
Birthplace: Bowie, Md.
Birth date: October 2, 2000
Weight: 160 lbs
Player: Elvis Amoh
Birthplace: Accra, Ghana
Birth date: February 2, 1992
Weight: 165 lbs
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 28, 2019
- LouCity Falls 3-0 on the Road to Loudoun United - Louisville City FC
- Loudoun United Win 3-0 at Home against Louisville City - Loudoun United
- Fury FC Falls 2-0 in Memphis - Ottawa Fury FC
- Loudoun United FC Acquire Midfielder Alexis Cerritos and Forward Elvis Amoh for Remainder of the 2019 Inaugural Season - Loudoun United
- Budweiser Man of the Match: Alan Winn Lights up Nissan Stadium in Win over Indy Eleven - Nashville SC
- Game Day: LouCity vs. Loudoun United in DC - Louisville City FC
- Lights FC Lasso the Toros - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Reno Rolls Colorado Springs 4-0 - Reno 1868 FC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops 2-0 Decision to OKC Energy FC - Tacoma Defiance
- Las Vegas Strikes for Two First Half Goals to Drop RGV FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Switchbacks FC Fall on the Road to Reno 1868 FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Blanked by Saint Louis FC 3-0 - Bethlehem Steel FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.