LouCity's 2024 Roster Shapes up with First 13 Returning Players
End-of-season processes are underway for Eastern Conference finalist Louisville City FC with 13 returning players so far under contract for next year's 10th anniversary campaign, the club announced Monday.
Deals for each of Amadou Dia, Dylan Mares, Carlos Moguel Jr., Oliver Semmle, Sean Totsch and Elijah Wynder continue into 2024. Danny Faundez, Jorge Gonzalez, Niall McCabe and Ray Serrano all signed new contracts following the 2023 season that are pending league and federation approval. LouCity also picked up options on Owen Damm, Brian Ownby and Sebastian Sanchez.
The club wishes well to the careers of two departing players. Enoch Mushagalusa has been released to sign elsewhere, while City and Maarten Pouwels mutually terminated their agreement.
LouCity remains in negotiations to sign more returners as well as a host of new incoming players. More announcements are expected in the coming days.
"We are working tirelessly to put together a roster in 2024 that our club and community can be proud of," said coach Danny Cruz. "Despite the ups and the downs of this past season, we put ourselves in a position to compete for a trophy before falling short. We have a staff and group of players that are hungry to compete for a USL Championship title. I am confident that by combining some new pieces with the returning players, we will put ourselves in the best position possible to do so.
"I also want to thank the players departing Louisville City for their commitment both on and off the field. I look forward to following them throughout their careers."
Cruz's squad will be looking to build on last season's ninth-straight run to the USL Championship Eastern Conference Final. LouCity remains the only club to win back-to-back league titles, which it accomplished in 2017 and 2018.
Season, group and premium tickets are available by visiting LouCity.com/tickets. Call (502) LOU-CITY during regular business hours to speak to a representative.
Current 2024 Louisville City FC Roster
Forwards: Brian Ownby, Ray Serrano
Midfielders: Jorge Gonzalez, Dylan Mares, Niall McCabe, Carlos Moguel Jr., Elijah Wynder
Defenders: Owen Damm, Amadou Dia, Sebastian Sanchez, Sean Totsch
Goalkeepers: Danny Faundez, Oliver Semmle
Images from this story
Louisville City FC forward Brian Ownby
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from December 4, 2023
- Rhode Island FC Lands Breeze Airways as Front-Of-Jersey Sponsor - Rhode Island FC
- Rowdies Transfer JJ Williams to Rhode Island - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Republic FC Forward Da'Vian Kimbrough Called up to Mexico U-15 Youth National Team - Sacramento Republic FC
- Switchbacks FC Retain Midfielder Steven Echevarria for 2024 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Miami FC Signs Frank López Ahead of 2024 Season - Miami FC
- LouCity's 2024 Roster Shapes up with First 13 Returning Players - Louisville City FC
- MBFC Signs Former Liga MX and San Diego Defender Carlos Guzmán - Monterey Bay FC
- Hartford Athletic Sign Veteran Defender Joe Farrell - Hartford Athletic
- Aaron Molloy Signs with Charleston Battery on Multi-Year Deal - Charleston Battery
- Rowdies Retain Defender Freddy Kleemann - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- Tickets on Sale for Saturday's LouCity-Knoxville Preseason Game
- Tightly Contested Preseason Loss a 'Good Exercise' for LouCity
- LouCity to Make Network TV Debut as Part of 2024 Broadcast Schedule
- It's 'A Step Back' for LouCity in Preseason Draw with Lexington SC
- LouCity Signs Elizabethtown Native Wilson to Bolster Midfield